Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Too many people are grouping together way too close..

Friday > I saw 2 women walking their dog with their kids and run into a lady with kids and a dog..there must have been 7 kids in a 8 ft. Circle playing with 3 dogs. The 3 adults are talking in a 5ft circle. Groups of 5 to 8 construction workers in a tight circle watching the heavy machinery dig. I stop for a small shake and there must have been 5 workers behind a small counter filling drinks, bagging All with no gloves or masks.. I just drove off after I saw 3 different people handle my shake...Are you seeing a lack of distancing from people ?

2. Member
    Yes. At work there isn't much distancing, when you have nine guys basically living together in the firehouse it's hard to keep any distance. Lots of people out and about together. Hope this goes away soon....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Friday > I saw 2 women walking their dog with their kids and run into a lady with kids and a dog..there must have been 7 kids in a 8 ft. Circle playing with 3 dogs. The 3 adults are talking in a 5ft circle. Groups of 5 to 8 construction workers in a tight circle watching the heavy machinery dig. I stop for a small shake and there must have been 5 workers behind a small counter filling drinks, bagging All with no gloves or masks.. I just drove off after I saw 3 different people handle my shake...Are you seeing a lack of distancing from people ?
    What do you propose? Temporary communism to discipline people? Fines? Should I not sleep in same bed as my wife?? Or we all get in a room and come out one at a time for food?

The country is doing it's best, we are a people made to congregate. Give them a break, they're outside.

As far as the construction workers, I dont think some of you get the concept that a complete 100% marshall law lockdown will destroy more lives than this virus ever will.

4. Member
    I had to tell that to my wife late last night, 6 feet baby!

I desperately need a couple packs of flukes and the store up the street sells them along with a few food items , should I run in and grab them the bite is hot on the double fluke rigs ?

Same thing goes for job sites. There is absolutely no way to keep social distance in construction. We’re trying to tell our guys as best we can to keep their space but it’s like telling paint not to dry
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Banned
    Stay home.

8. Banned
    I was installing a shower on Friday, the electricians have the whole house to work in and they came into this tiny room that I’m in. I told them to get the hell out and work someplace else. Just had to run to the grocery store and people there have no concept of 6’ either.

Quote Originally Posted by j.george1220 View Post
    What do you propose? Temporary communism to discipline people? Fines? Should I not sleep in same bed as my wife?? Or we all get in a room and come out one at a time for food?

The country is doing it's best, we are a people made to congregate. Give them a break, they're outside.

As far as the construction workers, I dont think some of you get the concept that a complete 100% marshall law lockdown will destroy more lives than this virus ever will.
    People are being fined in Canada for being in parks that are closed....Nova Scotia has fined a couple of people and the fine is $697. In Ontario the fine is $750 and some have been fined.
    Police in Toronto are patrolling by car, horseback, bikes and on foot to ensure that everyone is complying. Ontario and the rest of Canada are doing relatively well as the majority are doing what is being asked.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I was installing a shower on Friday, the electricians have the whole house to work in and they came into this tiny room that I’m in. I told them to get the hell out and work someplace else. Just had to run to the grocery store and people there have no concept of 6’ either.
    Same thing is happening on our jobs also.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j.george1220 View Post

I disagree , if we didn't do what we are doing the virus would run ramped the economy would crash badly if every other person was very sick with no room in hospitals , word would spread on people getting the virus at a particular business no one would go there, construction workers would spread it to supply houses etc , at least now you can get medical help if you get it and survive , either way the economy is taking a hit.
    I personally think it will rebound quickly people have cabin fever they will get out and spend.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Same thing goes for job sites. There is absolutely no way to keep social distance in construction. We’re trying to tell our guys as best we can to keep their space but it’s like telling paint not to dry
    Yea. Where I work we talk about it. The problem is we talk about it in rooms packed with people. They came up with some thing about 15 minutes or less is ok. Some people do try. But overall it's just to hard to do it and still transport people and work. We start a mandatory face shield policy monday and I figure a face covering policy will start soon. Sadly I think one driver in policy is people dont want to look "stupid" in meetings and so on. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one

13. Banned
    California issued a stay at home order and we here in Texas been telling them that for years......stay home!

14. Member
    Factory I work at is loud, it's hard to relay information or do some tasks that don't put a couple people within two feet of each other, alot of anxiety going around but still some that don't seem to even try to keep any distance, just business as usual, we work swing shift so throw circadian rhythm and overall good health out the window from the start, I think c19 will undoubtedly make its way to where I work with our without our new safe guards in place to help prevent it.
    Cheese County Bass Club

15. Member
    The people getting to close are probably all the fishermen. It is widely known that we cant judge size or weight. A 12 inch trout is an 18 inch trout and a 4 pound bass is a 6 pound bass. No way we know what 6 feet is.

16. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I think drive thru workers need gloves, construction workers can at least wear a bandana they can pull up when close to others. The kids might be OK if they have been confined to their house and walks..I guess I should learn from my examples of what and where I should be ithe situation happens to me.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I desperately need a couple packs of flukes and the store up the street sells them along with a few food items , should I run in and grab them the bite is hot on the double fluke rigs ?
    Think about it, the worse thing that could happen is you die.

18. Banned
    Working in a company whose industry has been deemed essential requires us to work with over 100 others on my shift alone. Being management, l come in contact with about 85% of those people daily. It's a loud environment and in order to communicate we are very close to one another. No consideration has been enacted by government to reduce our potential exposure.

That being said, I couldn't give 2 shits what is happening out in public. I go about my day normally, only hampered by the slight restrictions that are imposed on the public. If there is no concern for my well being at work, then the concern isn't legitimate.

Carry a tape measure and if people are too close to you extend it to 6ft. and advise them. Hey you're in my safe zone back off jack. It works I used it in my local ACE Hardware and got peoples attention.

20. Banned
    I think drive thru workers need gloves, construction workers can at least wear a bandana they can pull up when close to others. The kids might be OK if they have been confined to their house and walks..I guess I should learn from my examples of what and where I should be ithe situation happens to me.
    Drive thru workers would need a vast quantity of gloves because in theory they would have to dispose of the gloves with each customer.

Same as the people in the stores shopping with gloves, they probably have been wearing them all day and transferring germs, viruses, etc...to everything they touch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast