Alabama Boat Ramp Info (COVID-19)

Hey guys I am at work offshore and have been for over 2 weeks now. Not due to hit beach for another week. I travel to coosa river, alabama river, and eufaula pretty regular. They are all a 2+hr drive from the house. Can the admins possibly add a sticky for us so we can update with any new boat ramp info such as closings. etc. Just thought it would be helpful to have if we can work together to keep it updated. I am a member of a few groups on fb and from what i have seen not many ramps have been affected.

2. Member
    Why would any ramps be closed. ADNR sent email out yesterday assuring everyone that boating and fishing were allowed?

3. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Why would any ramps be closed. ADNR sent email out yesterday assuring everyone that boating and fishing were allowed?
    Here's a link to the ADCNR website addressing their recent email. The only closures in north Alabama that I know of for sure are the TVA day use areas on Pickwick (Rockpile Recreation Area) and a TVA ramp on the south side of Lake Guntersville. Here's a link to the TVA announcement on their website.
    Last edited by AveryF; 04-05-2020 at 12:44 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    In Georgia, the COE has closed some of the lake ramps they manage.
    In Tennessee, if it's a State Park Ramp, they are closed, as 2 major ones on Chick are closed.
    That's why the Alabama questions.
    Last edited by printman71; 04-04-2020 at 07:51 PM.

5. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    In Georgia, the COE has closed some of the lake ramps they manage.
    In Tennessee, if it's a State Park Ramp, they are closed, as 2 major ones on Chick are closed.
    That's why the Alabama questions.
    Good point! There seems to be a big difference in what individual states are permitting as far as lake access is concerned. I understand that some states have essentially closed all lakes while others, including Alabama, still allow lake access with the understanding that “social distance” protocols be followed.
    Last edited by AveryF; 04-05-2020 at 12:49 PM.

6. Member
    Been told that the only park and ramp closure on guntersville currently is scottsboro city park.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

7. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    Hey guys I am at work offshore and have been for over 2 weeks now. Not due to hit beach for another week. I travel to coosa river, alabama river, and eufaula pretty regular. They are all a 2+hr drive from the house. Can the admins possibly add a sticky for us so we can update with any new boat ramp info such as closings. etc. Just thought it would be helpful to have if we can work together to keep it updated. I am a member of a few groups on fb and from what i have seen not many ramps have been affected.
    Great idea! We'll pin this post for a while until things get back to some sense of normality. Please feel free to add any additional verified Alabama ramp closures.