Pro Tec vs Bass Boat Saver

One better than the other or the same. Bass Boat Saver has better price with FREE shipping. Pro-tech wants $8.25 shipping plus tax to ship one bottle of their stuff. You'd think being a sponsor on here, they would give some sort of discount or free shipping.

2. Member
    I order my protec from TW....usually on black Friday. 20% off and free shipping if you spend $50......I mean "when" you spend $50
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Don't think I will wait til black friday, LOL. So which is better, Pro eTc or BBS or is their a difference?

So all the guys that use these products don't have a glue as to which is better, worse or the same. Good grief

5. Banned
    I personally think Bass Boat Saver is crap. Bought a bottle about 10 years ago and used it a couple of times and threw the rest away.
    If you are askin about the Pro Tec sealer, it's pretty good stuff.

Now I pretty much just use Eagle One Wax as U Dry either the Marine or Auto. Easy to find,easy to use, reasonably priced and works great.

IMO it’s personal preference...most all these types of products will work if you “use” them frequently.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I normally use Mcguiars and the 3m paste wax. The 3M paste supposed to protect from UV. Don't know about Mcguiars. I asked about these two because everyone seems to rave about how great they are. I know Ted uses Pro Tec so that's a good recommendation there.

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Pro Tec is fantastic. It seals and shines like crazy. Goes on easy and comes off easy, again shines like glass and last for a long, long time. What's great too is that the scum line comes off with no effort and it will not stain. Good Stuff!!

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

9. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I usually put 2 coats of the Pro-tec sealant and then use Bass Boat Saver when I get off the water for a quick wipe down before hitting the road
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

10. Member
    You guys lik pro tec after wet sanding?
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645

After you’ve sanded to the finish you like buff with a 3000 grit compound. After that you may find you need to final with a product like 3M Finesse It or 3M Prefect It 2. It just depends on what level of perfection you’re satisfied with. Then a wax or polish type product like ProTec Sealant Polish or 3M Marine Wax. I like the Protec due the easy off easy on use. Whatever “final” product you decide on just use it as often as possible.
    www.ncboatguy.com

12. Member
    I used BBS for years to remove Potomac scum each return from the day and now use Lucas Marine Slick Mist with a little vineger in it and am very happy with the results.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    After you’ve sanded to the finish you like buff with a 3000 grit compound. After that you may find you need to final with a product like 3M Finesse It or 3M Prefect It 2. It just depends on what level of perfection you’re satisfied with. Then a wax or polish type product like ProTec Sealant Polish or 3M Marine Wax. I like the Protec due the easy off easy on use. Whatever “final” product you decide on just use it as often as possible.
    Thanks bud. I wet sanded through 2000. Buffed it well. Used the pro tec restore on the gel coat and it looks great. I still have to get some of their sealant to finish the job. Was 20 yrs overdue. Looks fabulous.

Use both they are all the same. Bought a gallon of BBS, so use this most. No different than Lucas.

^^^ this is correct. Most all these products are about the same whether it’s spray, paste, liquid, blah blah blah. Find something you like a use it a lot... my personal preference is something that applies and comes off easy. The easier it is to use the more often most will use it.
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Member
    Do yall make a distinction between sealant and wax?