Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

Outdoor Pizza Ovens

Picked up the Ooni 3 and looking forward to trying it out. Oven uses wood pellets and claims it will cook a 12" pizza in 60 seconds. Pizza is a favorite in my house. Looking for your ideas for favorite outdoor pizza.

2. Member
    Let me know how you like it as ive thought about picking one up. Havent decided between the one that uses pellets or actual wood chunks.

3. Member
    Any updates? I’m considering one.

4. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edziu23 View Post
    Any updates? I’m considering one.
    Have made 4 pizzas and 3 were good The failure was not letting the stone come back to temp before adding the next pizza. Very easy to light, 10 min to get hot. You have to pay attention and rotate the pizza every 30 seconds or it will burn. I would recommend it.

5. Member
    We have an UUNI pro. Although I have the gas conversion kit, I've only ever used it with lump charcoal. I usually throw one chunk of wood on top to add some additional flavor.

I've found that my dough recipe needed adjusting for the higher temps (mine gets to over 900F). Caputo nuvola super tipo 0 makes an AMAZING pizza. Also, scale back the toppings from what you might normally make in your kitchen oven. The faster cook time does not allow for heaping mounds of toppings to thoroughly cook. One last item to note - if your dough recipe contains any oil - omit it. It'll add to burning of the crust.

6. Member
    There are some cool videos on Youtube on making your own pizza oven starting with an exercise ball to get the dome.