**Mega 360 Issue**

Currently on the water and new 360 Helix 12 were working just fine. Than it decided all it wants to show is complete black as it spins. Even in SI mode it’s all black. I can hear the pod activating etc.

2. Member
    I know this isn’t the answer to your issue, but yesterday I was fishing and my unit had a black screen on mega di, all I had was 2d and like yours my transducer is pinging in both settings, this is a new unit only my 2nd time out, the first trip everything worked fine, it’s odd our units have a similar problem, I wonder if it’s the control head or the transducer. Does your unit still have 2d sonar working.
    2019 Vexus AVX 1980
    2019 Mercury 150 pro xs
    Humminbird Helix 10 Bow and Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I Pilot

I thought I’d read somewhere that there might be too much grease on that out of water switch and it needs to be cleaned off. I could be wrong, but worth a try if you’re in the water The other normal recommendation for all things bird is do a factory restore. Assuming you’ve got the latest software?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I hope that Humminbird is keeping up with all the issues people are having and trying to correct them before sending out the units knowing it has problems.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

5. Member
    I was on the water for the third time with my m360 yesterday. It had always worked perfect. It is connected to a helix10di+ with only the m360 transducer (no y cable) it is networked to a helix si+on the console. Yesterday the screen froze for the m360, I pulled the trolling motor up thinking the unit might restart but the screen remained froze, none of the buttons on the helix would do anything the unit was totally "locked up". I turned the power to the helix unit off and then back on, restarted the unit and it worked fine for the rest of the day. I guess they still have some bugs to get worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuel View Post
    I was on the water for the third time with my m360 yesterday. It had always worked perfect. It is connected to a helix10di+ with only the m360 transducer (no y cable) it is networked to a helix si+on the console. Yesterday the screen froze for the m360, I pulled the trolling motor up thinking the unit might restart but the screen remained froze, none of the buttons on the helix would do anything the unit was totally "locked up". I turned the power to the helix unit off and then back on, restarted the unit and it worked fine for the rest of the day. I guess they still have some bugs to get worked out.
    I had this exact problem today. First time on the water with my Helix 12 and Mega 360. About 5hrs in it just locked up. Powered off the Helix and all was well then.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    I had this exact problem today. First time on the water with my Helix 12 and Mega 360. About 5hrs in it just locked up. Powered off the Helix and all was well then.
    My unit do the same thing again today, after running great for 5-6 hours. Restarted the unit and worked fine the rest of the day.