Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

How much snowfall did you get this winter ?

I lost my connection to Nothern Spring River(Rainy etc) fishing. I know you got a tremendous amount of Snow in some areas. How much snow did your area get this winter. Will the Rivers be extremely high this Spring ? I'm curious even though we will probably pass this year..I might as well ask > any good walleye or bass rivers that aren't crowded in the Spring & have good/great fishing. I have pm too.

In the Pierz area we got dumped on in November and December. The spigot seemed to have turned off for the most part by late January. We got a couple of snows in Feb and March. No info on the rivers except for the fact that they are high right now. We were having a pretty orderly melt, but in the past couple of weeks we had a major rain/snow at the tail end of the snow melt which sent the rivers shooting into flood stage.

I split time between the Twin Cities and Duluth. Duluth got quite a lot of snow this season, though similar to what BassPundit mentions it was pretty frontloaded. Even still, there was north of 3 feet on the ground when the melt started. The St Louis River was rocking when I drove over it on Sunday. Twin Cities didn't get all that much this past year but the river is still high. A lot of that comes from much further north where there was more snow.

The rivers are definitely high right now, most ramps on Pool 2 down through Pool 4 on the Mississippi at least are closed. It's not exactly prime bass fishing time right now anyhow though I know folks were (are?) doing really well on the eyes before everything got flooded. Near Red Wing is where a lot of the walleye fishing takes place on Pool 4 early in the season, while bass fishing usually happens in the backwaters. I suck at river fishing, but Pool 4 and Lake Pepin can be dynamite for both species damn near year round. Even though one thing I can't get used to after moving to MN from WV is just how long the rivers take to recede, I think the biggest factor moving forward is going to be precipitation over the next couple weeks. If things can start greening up to help soak it up moisture before we get dumped on (and assuming we don't get dumped on too bad after things green up), things should round into form nicely. The extended forecast is looking good from a rain perspective if not from a greening up perspective.

One thing worth mentioning that you may or may not know is that the Mississippi from Pool 2 down is (basically) the only place you can legally target bass or walleye until May 9th. Lots can change between now and then of course. The Rainy would be another place for walleye but all the ramps are closed due to COVID-19. Not sure if that's what you meant by lost your connection or not, but if not your connection might not've helped this year!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34