Angry WTF is wrong with people? Grave Robbery!

This is a Facebook post of a woman that my wife used to work with. I won't post her name and have removed other names for privacy purposes. This is regarding her adopted daughter who committed suicide a several weeks ago.

Ok here goes. This is a post I have wanted to make, have contemplated and decided it's time. If anything, I've learned social media is a great way to get results and I need some help! I have given the "police dept" in charge a chance to resolve this to no avail (not referring local town) PD - Detective XXXX has been my savior during the investigation into my daughter's death). Within a month of burying her ashes at ................ cemetery near my family plots, her remains were dug up and stolen. I am not making this up - I wish I were. Who in the world does this you might ask. Her birth family did this. . . 99.9% sure. She was removed from that family when she was approximately four years old because they were all a bunch of drug addicts and she was neglected and abused. Unfortunately, she contacted them in the past few years in order to resolve some of her past issues and I supported her. It took her two days to realize her birth mother was pure evil and wanted nothing to do with her. However she maintained contact with birth grandma and she showed up at my house after my daughter's death. In my attempt to be a nice person and doing what I thought she would want, I invited birth grandma to the services and after, led her directly to my daughter's grave site. The only people who were at the grave site were my immediate family and a handful of my daughter's closest friends, and birth grandma (who appeared to be strung out on something or other).. I have contacted TV stations, call the police department often, and want my daughter's ashes back! These people did not want her, did not nurture her, did not love her. She is my girl and I will not stop until she is returned to me. Their motive would be pure spite toward me as I prevented any of them from attending her service and in fact had security at her service to prevent this. They were making threats of coming to her service and making a scene. I have ordered her headstone and have a beautiful site for her to rest in peace for eternity. She deserves this! If anyone might have seen something suspicious at ............ Cemetery between February 17th and March 10th - please let me know. Please spread my story - please get this out there. How would you feel if the remains of someone you loved were stolen? I have been through so much with my daughter and this ends when she is laid to rest in peace. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of where I should go from here - I'd love to hear it.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Wow just Wow

3. Member
    I often question the validity of anything that comes through bookface, if true it sounds like a terrible situation for the grieving mother.
    Cheese County Bass Club

4. Member
    Some people today have no conscience.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    I often question the validity of anything that comes through bookface, if true it sounds like a terrible situation for the grieving mother.
    First sentence written by the OP should be enough to thinks is real.

6. Member
    Pretty unbelievable.

7. Member
    For a minute I thought this happened to you Jeff. I read very fast and did not give enough weight to the first paragraph. If true, there may have been crimes committed, however the birth mother of the deceased may have legal grounds to act as she did.

It's lawyer time for somebody.

8. Member
    That is heinous,if true and whomever stole it should be buried themselves. I was not aware that ashes were buried though. I thought the purpose of cremation was to avoid burial and keep the remains or spread them on the deceased favorite area.

Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

10. Member
    And then folks create even more drama by putting the story on a fishing site.............
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    And then folks create even more drama by putting the story on a fishing site.............
    Lounge is to discuss anything but politics, you don’t have to click on it or even respond to it.

12. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    No words.

13. Member
    That is just horrible Jeff. Sad

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    For a minute I thought this happened to you Jeff. I read very fast and did not give enough weight to the first paragraph. If true, there may have been crimes committed, however the birth mother of the deceased may have legal grounds to act as she did.

It's lawyer time for somebody.
    Think about it. The birth mother's rights were terminiated. The woman adopted the girl and became the legal mother. That did not change after death.

If the birth mother disputed any of this she needed to go to the courts.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    What are you thinking. The woman has asked that the story be spread.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    Think about it. The birth mother's rights were terminiated. The woman adopted the girl and became the legal mother. That did not change after death.

If the birth mother disputed any of this she needed to go to the courts.
    Sorry, but find that in the text of the story and get back to me. I didn't see her rights were terminated.

17. Member
    This is sad. We have adopted our grandson. His parents ( my son ) aren't mature enough to raise children. It's sad, Both of his parents consented to the adoption. It took some time ( 6 years ) but they consented. My grandson ( 14 ) still can't quite get his head around the reality of his situation. We have tried our best to help him grow in a healthy environment. Suicide is really a very very difficult dynamic for anyone to really understand completely. Sometimes my grandson at times when he is very frustrated he will make comments such as " I am just going to kill myself" . We have spent a ton on counseling and he has made great progress but he still struggles with his perspective of his parents who by the way rarely stay in touch with him. Neither parent sent him any gifts, greeting cards, or even a phone call for last christmas. They are just too selfish. His birthday is the 21st of this month and I expect it be no different.

Next example is my daughter : She is a nurse. She has 2 boys ages 11 & 12. She has been divorced for 11 years. Her and the ex have spent more on attorney fees than I can even imagine. It's totally unbelievable. It's not all his fault but it's not all her fault. She has done a pretty fabulous job of raising those boys but they have been subjected to a lot and the process results coming through the court system are less than perfect. In spite of all this her boys are pretty well functioning but you gotta know their is a lot going on in their head.

As far as the grave robbing goes IMO the death of the daughter is passed and either side of this issue is powerless to bring her back. Neither side actually knows what happened to the daughter after she passed. The only thing they know for certain is that she has passed and then they go from that fact to their belief system. A belief system is not fact 100% of the time. The offended mother would be better off to petition her higher authority in prayer if she has these beliefs. This will give her consolation if that is what she actually wants . From the OP it sounds like the offended has done her part as far as humanly possible and now it is time to let it go and let her higher authority receive her trust to deal with it. People are crazy and do crazy things which do not lend towards coexistence in peace and harmony . To prevent becoming one of those people sometimes you do better to just let things go and reevaluate just how big of a deal is it really. Not trying to minimize her anguish but there is consolation if she looks in the right place.

Sad deal.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    sent him any gifts, greeting cards, or even a phone call for last christmas. They are just too selfish. His birthday is the 21st of this month and I expect it be no different.
    Post or pm your address. I’ll send him a card.

Bet he gets a few more, too.

He like fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    Some people are completely clueless about Facebook
    There are many different sections, rooms, boards, whatever one wants to call them. We have a crime watch on FB. Steal something and someone’s camera captures it——- the thief’s face is posted on that site——- then shared, 1000’s of people see it, and someone says—- I know that scumbag , his name is——- cops love it, makes their job easier.

Guy that makes all my jigs—- ran across his site on FB

FB is no different then the BBC