Thread: Captain Crozier

USA Captain Crozier

This great man sends a letter voicing concern of the American hero’s aboard the aircraft carrier he was in command of. Said letter gets leaked by some, in my opinion, traitor to the media and he gets relieved of his command? I hope there is a serious investigation into who leaked this and they are punished accordingly. I believe he did what was on the best interest of the Marines and Sailors aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Im a Marine Corp Veteran and my hats off to you sir. Semper Fi
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    It’s not as easy as that. It’s a lot bigger that what the average person thinks about. He messed up, he’s paying the consequences just like anybody else. OPSEC

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    ...OPSEC
    That's it in a nutshell and what the media won't discuss, but anyone with security clearance ought to be able to discern. What he did, by going outside of official channels, regardless of motive, is a serious OPSEC and FORCEPRO issue. He absolutely should have been relieved of command.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Komatoz521 View Post
    This great man sends a letter voicing concern of the American hero’s aboard the aircraft carrier he was in command of. Said letter gets leaked by some, in my opinion, traitor to the media and he gets relieved of his command? I hope there is a serious investigation into who leaked this and they are punished accordingly. I believe he did what was on the best interest of the Marines and Sailors aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Im a Marine Corp Veteran and my hats off to you sir. Semper Fi
    I second this Marine.... Troop Welfare.....He obviously was concerned about the lack of response he was getting. I Don't know who the letter was sent to but he was CONCERNED ABOUT HIS TROOPS AND SHIP. You can't accomplish the Mission if your troops are ill....Yeah why isn't all hell breaking loose looking for this "leaker"? Also heard he has tested positive.....Semper Fi Capt Crozier
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Friscotxman View Post
    I second this Marine.... Troop Welfare.....He obviously was concerned about the lack of response he was getting. I Don't know who the letter was sent to but he was CONCERNED ABOUT HIS TROOPS AND SHIP. You can't accomplish the Mission if your troops are ill....Yeah why isn't all hell breaking loose looking for this "leaker"? Also heard he has tested positive.....Semper Fi Capt Crozier
    You’re thinking SMALL picture. There is a right and a wrong way to go about everything. This is the textbook WRONG way. By releasing the info he did through unsecure channels he proved that he didn’t care too awful much about his troops and ship.....btw....he is the “leaker”, anybody with a clearance knows how this works

6. Member
    The one thing I know for sure is we will never know what really happened. I get the chain of command and everything that goes with it, again maybe he didn’t follow the COC but I’m guessing you don’t get the be a commander of anything much less one of the baddest ships in the fleet by being a shitbird. I certainly respect everyone’s opinion but that is mine. I know if I had a loved one on board I’d be grateful the man had the courage to do the right thing in the interest of his crew’s lives.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Komatoz521 View Post
    The one thing I know for sure is we will never know what really happened. I get the chain of command and everything that goes with it, again maybe he didn’t follow the COC but I’m guessing you don’t get the be a commander of anything much less one of the baddest ships in the fleet by being a shitbird. I certainly respect everyone’s opinion but that is mine. I know if I had a loved one on board I’d be grateful the man had the courage to do the right thing in the interest of his crew’s lives.
    I would like to believe he intended the message for that recipient and not for the mainstream media. You're right, he didn't get to that position by being mediocre. But the fact that it did go out to the mainstream media means that he lost situational awareness for a moment. I still believe he should have been relieved for the OPSEC violation. However, I also believe the SECNAVY deserved to be fired too for his handling of the situation and his comments. Leadership 101...Publicly Praise, Privately Punish.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The news just said there is a possibility they return him to command of the ship.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

A couple a things from some one who has had command. I truly believe he thought he was taking care of the troops. He did not do it the correct way. He should have sent the letter as a classified SECRET document. There was too much info in there for it not to be. You keep going higher up the COC until you get your way or you resign. That would have made the news AND accomplished his goal. His intentions were spot on but execution was not.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    A couple a things from some one who has had command. I truly believe he thought he was taking care of the troops. He did not do it the correct way. He should have sent the letter as a classified SECRET document. There was too much info in there for it not to be. You keep going higher up the COC until you get your way or you resign. That would have made the news AND accomplished his goal. His intentions were spot on but execution was not.
    VERY well explained, Captain. I am sure his sailors would welcome him back as their CO. I know I would.

11. Member
    He new exactly what would happen when the letter was sent. He put his troops ahead of himself! I bet he doesn't have any problems looking at himself in the mirror and sleeps good at night as well.
    Basscat Pantera 2

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    You’re thinking SMALL picture. There is a right and a wrong way to go about everything. This is the textbook WRONG way. By releasing the info he did through unsecure channels he proved that he didn’t care too awful much about his troops and ship.....btw....he is the “leaker”, anybody with a clearance knows how this works
    I agree, he should have been canned. Disgraceful action in my opinion.