Made it out for my first Wisconsin bass trip today.

Made my first trip since moving here from South Dakota and it didn’t disappoint. 5 mins in and I caught a 6.2 largemouth. Caught 16 total in about 3 1/2 hours. Looking forward to a all day trip on Sunday. It’s fun fishing new lakes and not spots from memory.

2. Member
    Wow that’s a beast great job man. Wish I was fishing today. Maybe this weekend.

3. Member
    6.2 is a tank! I use to live in Evansville right next to Gibbs lake, it's small but definitely worth checking out!
    Cheese County Bass Club

4. Member
    Sounds like a great day on the water! What did you catch them on and what pattern did the fish seem to be on?

5. Member
    6.2 on any lake in Wisconsin is a monster. Congrats. If it was Gibbs it will be a zoo on a tiny lake.
    Last edited by blue perch; 04-04-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulFish View Post
    Sounds like a great day on the water! What did you catch them on and what pattern did the fish seem to be on?
    They were supper shallow. Caught everything on a jig dragging through rock. Boat was really in 2 foot of water and I couldn’t cast all the way to the bank. Everything was on shallow rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    They were supper shallow. Caught everything on a jig dragging through rock. Boat was really in 2 foot of water and I couldn’t cast all the way to the bank. Everything was on shallow rock.
    Congratulations on the beast! This is the time of the year when 75% of the bass population is occupying maybe 5% of the body of water in most cases.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Nice. Makes sense as I figure the water would be warmest in such an area. Most of the lakes up by me are still participial frozen, but their are a few that are clear. I'll see if I can perhaps duplicate your pattern when the time comes.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Congratulations on the beast! This is the time of the year when 75% of the bass population is occupying maybe 5% of the body of water in most cases.
    I always catch my biggest fish this time of the year before the water breaks 55.

10. Member
    Went out yesterday to a lake that still had ice in a few spots and couldn't get anything to bite no matter what I threw. Saw tons of fish cruising shallow and water was 54 degrees. Guess I'll try again later this week.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

I saw a picture on Facebook of a 7.05 lb Madison Chain largie and I caught my PB last Thursday in the wind storm at 6.56 lbs....loving this early season so far...best part is NO PLEASURE BOATERS to deal with!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Last edited by erico; 04-14-2020 at 01:50 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    I saw a picture on Facebook of a 7.05 lb Madison Chain largie and I caught my PB last Thursday in the wind storm at 6.56 lbs....loving this early season so far...best part is NO PLEASURE BOATERS to deal with!

The chain was stupid good today. Had 7 3. 10 over 4. Nice thing is there is always a place you can get out of the wind.