Sad but true reality of this.

Some, scratch that. Many on here think this was not a big deal but I am in ground zero in the USA and think about my life on the rare occasion I think about leaving my house. I have bad asthma and if I contract covid 19. I'll surely die at the age of 43 and I'll do it alone. You CANNOT find a food delivery time and even though I prepared, I know I need to go out at least 2-3 more times to feed my family until the worst has passes. It is very sad that we can't and people are not doing what they can to curtail this.

2. Member
    I am 100 % sure if you need help doing something, or getting something delivered to you, tons on here will try hard to help you!! need help just ask!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I agree. Great family community here! But so many people not educated or live in areas where there is still minimally affected that initially dind't think this was a big deal. My local walmart is always packed and people not even food shoppijg. I am doing my part, but if people did the right thing, this would be done in weeks. It won't even be done before it starts again next year.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    I agree. Great family community here! But so many people not educated or live in areas where there is still minimally affected that initially dind't think this was a big deal. My local walmart is always packed and people not even food shoppijg. I am doing my part, but if people did the right thing, this would be done in weeks. It won't even be done before it starts again next year.
    When you say food delivery are you referring to take out or grocery shopping delivery?

5. Member
    Sad but true is right. The only thing you can control is your reaction to this. Take your precautions get in and out of places and do your best. I’m at the point now where that’s what I’m doing and if I get this then unfortunately thats just the cards I was dealt. Also asthma may not be an automatic death sentence and worrying and anxiety will certainly work to further compromise your immune system. It’s uncharted territory for sure and I pray that those that aren’t in hotspot areas or high risk never have to deal with the anxiety and sometimes unfortunate consequences of this.

6. Member
    I had asthma growing up and so do my kids. A co worker in my office tested positive so I am in self quarantine in one room in the house just in case for the next two weeks. Wife puts food out on the patio and I go get it. Working from home in the bedroom and have an attached bathroom. We have been ordering food online the last month or so. If the OP is looking for food delivery I would recommend making large orders to cut down contact on deliveries and doing it well in advance of running low. We usually leave the packages in the sun for an hour and then try to sanitize them. We stocked a freezer full of stuff and only eat at home with no takeout or restaurant deliveries. It’s not easy but this too shall pass.

7. Member
    Because where I live is a hotspot and people have unlimited means to buy food. Delivery and pickup is not available because windows close so fast, Some people making multiple purchases because spending $1000 on food means nothing to them. Some people will have to go in food stores. The reality is greed and stupidity will literally thousands of lives where I live.

8. Member
    Because where I live is a hotspot and people have unlimited means to buy food. Delivery and pickup is not available because windows close so fast, Some people making multiple purchases because spending $1000 on food means nothing to them. Some people will have to go in food stores. The reality is greed and stupidity will literally thousands of lives where I live.
    You may have to order a week out. I know my wife ordered from Costco and we had to wait a few days. If you can’t order in bulk try to anticipate what you need and order like 3-5 days in advance every few days.

9. Member
    You don't have a friend or neighbor who would do a grocery run for you maybe at the same time they do theirs? Also seeing towns around here setting up resource centers to put volunteers in touch with those who need help. No time to be too proud if the situation is that serious.

10. Member
    I have hard to control asthma. I'm on 15mg of prednisone a day for over 5 years. I average 5 major attacks a year, it is what it is. The common flu could be a very bad problem for me. Too hot, too cold, to much dust the list goes on. My point is you can not live with fear. If I did I would never leave my house.

I am not afraid to walk in to a grocery store. Though I prefer a Dollar General Store with maybe a car or two in the parking lot. But go to the grocery store. Keep your distance, wear something to cover your mouth and nose. Don't touch your face. Then go home wash your hands. If it makes you feel better wash your packages.

Some stores do offer curb side pick up. Or sit in you car and roll your window down and ask someone to buy your food. You will be surprised people will help. Ask a church or civic group.

If you can not afford food then reach out to various groups, they will help.

I have come to terms with what I call the ticking time bomb, asthma. I learned not to fear my environment. Heck the dam prednisone wi) probably kill me first.

Take care be safe but don't fear your asthma.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 04-03-2020 at 10:17 PM.

11. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Sad but true. I just got into a argument with a friend on FB who says this is being blown out of proportion and that the doctors are a bunch of idiots. Him and I both are from areas minimally affected but I watch the news and see how this is affecting people all over the globe. He thinks the Fouci and Birx are the only two making decisions. They confir with colleagues all over the world on this! Pretty sure he thinks we should just ride it out.

I feel so bad for those in the areas hard hit, here and abroad.

I'm an "essential" employee. I have to buy gas , food like everyone and basically get out in this. I'm not in a " hotspot" but I'm not living scared because society has forced me to get out I this. Going fishing tomorrow on a rare day off. I refuse to live in fear as I'm forced to live in this.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 196 Bobby View Post
    I'm an "essential" employee. I have to buy gas , food like everyone and basically get out in this. I'm not in a " hotspot" but I'm not living scared because society has forced me to get out I this. Going fishing tomorrow on a rare day off. I refuse to live in fear as I'm forced to live in this.
    I am an essential employee as well but if one of your co workers tests positive for this then you will go into quarantine so make sure you have supplies on hand for 2 weeks.

14. Member
    Some, scratch that. Many on here think this was not a big deal but I am in ground zero in the USA and think about my life on the rare occasion I think about leaving my house. I have bad asthma and if I contract covid 19. I'll surely die at the age of 43 and I'll do it alone. You CANNOT find a food delivery time and even though I prepared, I know I need to go out at least 2-3 more times to feed my family until the worst has passes. It is very sad that we can't and people are not doing what they can to curtail this.
    hang in there buddy! This will get better! If you need help, reach out, I promise you, people locally want to help you.

Sorry to hear, me and my family have to make a grocery list a week in a half ahead of time for pick-up.

Its getting worse by the day and here in Utah we haven't even seen bad yet.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    You don't have a friend or neighbor who would do a grocery run for you maybe at the same time they do theirs? Also seeing towns around here setting up resource centers to put volunteers in touch with those who need help. No time to be too proud if the situation is that serious.
    Ditto, there are several of us that call or text each other when someone goes out or orders from Instacart.

17. Member
    I'm not really thinking about it or having anxiety about the issue, but the bigger issue is concerning that this could all be controlled if people did the right thing and only went out if and when they needed to and avoid non-family members. hat's not to say a family hike or a day on the lake is poorly advised, but I see some of my son's friends all hanging out together and I thought their parents knew better.

18. Member
    The virus isn’t a death sentence if you are infected even with asthma. A 6yo with cystic fibrosis just beat it too. Not saying it’s not deadly or severe but it’s not like the plague where you’re a guaranteed death if you contract it. The quarantine isn’t to stop the virus, especially now since it can be transmitted through someone’s breath so if you breathe, you’re at risk. The quarantine Is only to slow it down enough to give healthcare workers the ability to treat patients without having to decide priorities on who gets treatment first. That’s the meaning behind “flatten the curve”. Ya your son probably shouldn’t be hanging out with other kids and stick to people who are safe bets but it’s all a gamble now anyways. If you grab the mail who’s to say the mail carries isn’t infected. It can’t be controlled or stopped especially since each day they are finding out it can live longer and spread through different mediums than the day prior. It can be minimized but all experts, gov officials, and healthcare workers have said before majority of the people are going to be infected, they are just trying to keep it manageable.

i know it’s an unpopular opinion here, but that’s just reality.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp