93sv software question?

Obviously, I don't want the new software update. My brand new unit from a major retailer shows my software version as version 9.2. I have 2 questions.
    1. How do I know what software version I have for livescope?
    2. Is there a better software version out there that is not the new version I could find somewhere?

Thanks

2. Member
    Home->Settings->System->System Information->Garmin Devices
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks.

gls10 is version 2.3. Is that the newest update?

4. Member
    I got it now after reading for the past hour that 2.3 is the bad version.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you tried the LS yet? I uave v2.3 on mine and didnt see any of the issues others are having.....might try it...then again you dont have to update anything at this point.

v2.3 for LS has the new Perspective mode so if you plan on using it tou will need to update the 93 Pluz to the latest.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I am in the same boat with my 93. I just got it in today from cabelas. My live scope will be here next week. do I need to update my 93 or not?

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well like i mentioned above, if you plan on using Perspective Mode, you will need to update the unit......if not you can wait.....You will not need to update the 93 to use the LS.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    My experience:

I have not updated anything. My unit is version 9.2 out of the box, and the GLS10 (black box for LS) is version 2.3 out of the box. This would be the first thing you should check when you get your unit out.
    I have made 3 trips with it, and I have continually adjusted the settings after having a lot of discussions with other LS users. The back 1/2 of my screen shows very weak returns. If the forward range is 30, then from 15 feet to 30 feet shows no useful information. I can only pick up a bait at 10-15 feet in front of the boat. At times there is no bottom shown at all. I can crank the gain all the way up, and it does not change it much.

I don't want to be disappointed with it. I guess right now my only option is to updated both units and see if that helps. My preference would be to put the older software versions on both, but I don't want to brick up the units since I just spent a fair amount of money on the setup.

I really don't care about perspective. I just want a functioning forward looking LS. It is the sole reason I bought the unit.

I am going to move my transducer - again. I spent last trip moving it up and down the shaft to see if i could overcome the lack of a picture on the back 1/2 of the forward range. I will put it on the foot of the trollling motor next (even thought i don't really want to put it there) to see if I can get a better LS image.

If you look at ROYT pictures after he updated, you can see where the back 1/2 of the forward range looks weak. Mine is sligtly worse than the pictures he posted. At times, I don't even show a bottom. It is just a void black screen that the bottom fades into.
    Last edited by Jbass2; 04-04-2020 at 08:55 AM.

9. Member
    Can I hook my Friends 93plus to my cradle and update it . If we enter all his information and register it wit Garmin .