Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Another mask topic

Just curious as to how many here are wearing them and when. If not wearing them why not?

Had to get gas and I was the only one of about 20 people wearing one in the store.

2. Member
    I haven’t worn one yet, but I’m not going out much. The two stops I went in today were in get what I needed and out. Both were small local business. I only saw a few people, but none of us had mask. I don’t think the old paper paint mask we have would do much good. I just used some homemade hand sanitizer before and after going in.

Tge mask online are crazy expensive right now.

3. Banned
    When I go to the store again I will wear one.

4. Banned
    Wife went to the grocery store earlier and said half the people in there were wearing masks. About an hour ago, the local hardware closed up stating an employee tested positive. Next grocery store trip, I would wager the mask-wearing numbers to be higher.

5. Member
    My wife got gas at 6am this morning. She was the only one wearing gloves/mask out of about 10 others in the station. People were trying to keep distance but that was all.

6. Member
    Dropped my new weedeater off for warranty repairs and they had a table outside to conduct business.
    They gave you a mask and gloves and would dissinfect the item you brought in.
    They wanted everyone protected.

Not many wearing mask around here yet. Maybe seen two so far this week. Having said that, I have not been around but 6 people other then my wife this week.

8. Member
    68, diabetic, high bp, heart issues, went out, early this morning wore mask and gloves. Saw several others with one or both, most were actively trying to maintain distancing.
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

I'm not wearing anything. Just keeping my distance etc. Driving home from the grocery store today I saw a couple people wearing them when they were driving their cars. Lot of people at the grocery store were wearing gloves, but then they were still touching their arms and face with their gloved hands. Saw two people wearing mask, but had them around their chin and mouth only. I want to tell people I don't think this works the way you think it does.
    From what I have been told, the masks etc are better for the person who is infected to wear and not spread the virus than it is for a healthy person to prevent from getting it.

10. Member
    No 3M comments yet, shocking.

11. Member
    Pay at the pump.

12. Member
    Went to HEB College Station first thing.Had to wait a little while to get in store,so many at a time.Some people of course think they are alone in the store,some couples seem to lack awareness,had to wait for a lady blocking the meat area on her phone having a lengthy conversation.Stock was good considering,worker was outside sanitizing carts as people needed.HEB has been super thru this!Please try to go one person,not a group,have a list,get your sh*t,stay out of other peoples way(yes there are other people in store)!Had my mask on,luckily my sis made one for most the family,scattered across the states!Be safe,stay home when you can and enjoy fishing if you can safely!

13. Banned
    Our governor just announced today that everyone should wear something over their face when going to the grocery stores, pharmacy etc.

Made a run to the grocery store the other day. No mask for me but saw a family of six, mom, dad and four kids all wearing dust mask shopping. Like really?? If you are that concerned about it why doesn't just one of the parents go shopping and the other one stay home with the kids. They just seem stupid to me.

15. Banned
    I haven’t been out in a week or so, but I don’t think I even have a mask around. Need to get the girlfriend to bring me one home from the hospital, but damn she probably get fired if they caught her

We have masks at work to use whenever. I didn’t bring any home and don’t wear one at work as I wear a full clean room suit when I go in the fab.

Went to the rifle range today, I was the only one there. Used hand sanitizer after locking the last gate on the way out.

Stopped for gas on the way home, I pay at the pump with the Exxon Mobil app on my phone. I put a plastic glove on then used hand sanitizer when I got in the truck.
    Last edited by Bob G.; 04-03-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

17. Member
    Starting Monday at work its mandatory to wear a face shield any time you are within 6ft of a person. Dont see how that really stops it because the air just goes around the shield but I guess it does help some. I think the face covering/mask thing will come about next week. In my eyes we should be doing it already. I have 1 n95 that I may start wearing and disinfecting daily bit I also have a few buffs I could use

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Had to get gas and I was the only one of about 20 people wearing one in the store.
    If just getting gas why would anyone go into a store????

If they were available, people would be wearing them. I know I would just for the sake of me not getting someone else sick. If you dont even know that youre sick yet, a mask would help out more than it wouldnt.

20. Member
    Good question keeferfish and the answer is the pump would not take my card so I had to pay inside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast