Thread: 179 TRX

Question 179 TRX

Was wondering if any of yall had the 179 TRX? Wondering how the fish and ride compared to an aluminum boat?

2. Member
    I had a 2016 model, it was a really good boat! For a 1200 pound hull it rode pretty nice in rough water, way better than the model tin boat that I previously owned. It was also a good stable boat to fish from, I had a 24v motor guide on it and never lacked for trolling motor power. I didn't like how close the front pedestal was in relation to the trolling motor foot pedal but I guess thats a matter of preference. I give the boat 2 thumbs up!

3. Member
    I had one and was a great boat. Has a very nice ride and fishes great.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

4. Member
    I currently own one, hands down best value in that class and size. Fishes great it’s 18 ft 6 inches and a 91 inch beam. I love mine it’s easy on the pocket book plenty of room, looks great plus the money you save you can upgrade with A Ultrex and put a little money into electronics. Performance is 52 mph with me and 49 mph with 2 people I am 200lbs and my partner is a tad heavier. I bought mine new last year with a 6 inch jackplate, Ultrex and two 9 Lowrance elite TI’S just under 30 Grand without taxes for a new 18ft Triton , 👍handles good even in choppy water I fish Fork , Toledo Bend among others never had any issues , it’s easy to pull and maneuver in and out of my Garage. I have owned several larger bass boats that cost a lot more but I swear I never looked back. I mostly fish alone, fish a few club tournaments it’s a great value especially with the new 4 stroke Mercury with the command thrust sips the gas and pushes that 1200 lb hull plenty fast for me.
    Last edited by eds triton; 04-03-2020 at 09:05 PM.

5. Member
    can't tell you if it handles better than an aluminum boat...never owned one, but i have a 2016 179 trx, and have had no issues at all.....fishes awesome, and the ride is dry, and comfortable....

6. Member
    I have a 2020 179 trx and must say it is the smoothest boat I have driven or ridden on. Handles choppy water very well in my opinion. great boat for the money. I almost bought an aluminum boat. So glad I didn't.
    And this one wasn't much more than an aluminum boat.