Rev limiter on Merc 150hp

model # 150f13ed ser # 2b663029

Tag says operating range is 5000-5800rpm. Does that mean limiter is at 5800rpm?
    Semper Fi

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No... that means the maximum RPM for propping should be 5800 RPM's.

"Rev Limiters" should be viewed as a "window" of approximately 400-500 RPM's. Depending on conditions- the PCM may limit your power EARLIER (heavily weighted priority to engine LOAD is given).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Ok, reason I am asking this question is one of the props we have tried on this boat (tritoon) it shows 5820rpm. (that is with vessel view mobile) Just wondering if that is on limiter.

It was with very light load and cold. In hot weather and more load (people and gear) that will come down couple hundred rpms.
    Semper Fi

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You were probably close... with the new calibrations you may not even realize you're being limited.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Ok, thank you
    Semper Fi