AL flashing on Mercmonitor help plz!

2012 Merc Opti ProXS. Monitor flashing AL in upper right. Picture below shows the text associated with it. I had just filled the remote oil and the tank is full, just past the full line. I've read many threads but have only managed to confuse myself more. No audible alarms. Just don't wanna blow my motor up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Also says tank 1 not installed. Tank 2-oil capacity 3.0 gallons

3. Member
    This is a wild ass guess, so take it as such. Is it possible that you do not have a sending unit installed in your oil tank and this is a normal condition on the gauge when sending units are not installed?

4. Member
    Thx csurp. Man I donno. I just bought the rig and it didn't have the AL flashing when I used it the first few times. I may have switched something up messing with the Mercmonitor trying to figure it out.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check your remote oil tank in the back- see if there are two wires running to one of the caps. No wires: NO SENSOR. Tank-2 should be set to "Not Installed".

If there are wires present- the tank cap may be improperly oriented (float hanging).

RemoteTank-Sender.jpg

On a side note... got a chuckle out of the first few words of your post title.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 04-03-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Haha didn't notice that but that's funny!

Ok pictured below is what the cap looks like.

7. Member
    Apologies....here the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Don, when I filled the oil tank thru the remote, it come up the neck, but settled to a level just above the fill line. That's the only thing I can think of I did to cause this AL flash.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You don't have a sender for the oil tank.

On your MercMonitor, go to: Settings, Tanks, Tank-2 and change it to "Not Installed" (THEN SAVE).

That will solve the Alarm for the oil tank.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Done. Ty Don! I should keep tank 1 as uninstalled as well I assume? Also, the engine should sound an audible alarm separate from the Merc monitor if there is an oil issue, correct? I'm sorry, just paranoid I guess.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do not add or alter tanks unless you have installed a FUEL/OIL Harness in the boat. That harness connects to the engine (and the sending unit of the tank(s)).

ENGINE faults will trigger a Warning Horn. No horn occurred with the above fault as it is not an "Engine" fault (it's a Smartcraft Fault).

12. Member
    TY Don!