Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What’s your favorite swim jig?

Swimming a jig has been one of my favorite methods of catching bass for quite sometime. In this video, I break down a few of my secrets when fishing a swim jig and how to use it efficiently.

Post below what your favorite swim jig is and why!

I buy the Northsar Swim Jigs v2 on TW. I just noticed they stopped carrying them they are one of the best Northern Style swim jigs. May just go back to Brovarney, the gold standard for WI style swim jigs.

3. Member
    1/4 oz Brovarney swim jig is my favorite. Seems to come through anything, casts really well for a 1/4 oz bait, and you can get them with round rubber skirts if you want. Also, the hooks are really good. I caught a 10 pound pike on one last year and the hook didn't bend out at all. I did just buy a couple Dirty Jigs No Jack swim jigs but have yet to try them. They look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    1/4 oz Brovarney swim jig is my favorite. Seems to come through anything and casts really well for a 1/4 oz bait.
    lol great minds lol think alike

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    1/4 oz Brovarney swim jig is my favorite. Seems to come through anything, casts really well for a 1/4 oz bait, and you can get them with round rubber skirts if you want. Also, the hooks are really good. I caught a 10 pound pike on one last year and the hook didn't bend out at all. I did just buy a couple Dirty Jigs No Jack swim jigs but have yet to try them. They look good though.
    I haven’t tried one of those yet. Could you drop a link?

6. Member
    My favorite is the Dirty Jigs Finesse Swim Jig. Swim Jigs are one of my favorite way to fish too.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill22 View Post
    I buy the Northsar Swim Jigs v2 on TW. I just noticed they stopped carrying them they are one of the best Northern Style swim jigs. May just go back to Brovarney, the gold standard for WI style swim jigs.
    I used a Lethal Weapon the last time I was up north and it was good. How does it compare to the NorthStar?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewupshaw View Post
    I used a Lethal Weapon the last time I was up north and it was good. How does it compare to the NorthStar?
    ok i think i had another semi-senior moment, those are actually the ones i use, lol Lethal weapon II

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Leth...e-LWPSWJG.html

My favorite is made by ACT Lures a sponsor on BBC

11. Member
    Honestly I’ve tried many times and other than the worlds stupidest 9inch largemouth I’ve never even had a bite on a swim jig. Do you fella pump and drop or reel straight, I like to think I’m fairly well rounded but this bait I just can’t get.
    Red Sox in 6!

Brovarney makes a awesome swimjig! Dan is a nice guy as well and talk to him frequently. When I was 23 I won my first bigger bass tournament using his swimjig and took home $6k during a 2 day tournament on Winnebago.

Dirty Jigs No Jack Swim Jig...3/8ths...zoom super speed craw or RI little dipper... 50lb braid.. Dobyns DX 744.. 7:3:1 reel....

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill22 View Post
    ok i think i had another semi-senior moment, those are actually the ones i use, lol Lethal weapon II

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Leth...e-LWPSWJG.html
    Yea, that’s the one I use from time to time. It’s really good, just a super light hook. I was using a Spinnerbait rod just so I didn’t straighten it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Honestly I’ve tried many times and other than the worlds stupidest 9inch largemouth I’ve never even had a bite on a swim jig. Do you fella pump and drop or reel straight, I like to think I’m fairly well rounded but this bait I just can’t get.

So many different ways to fish it. The ways you describe will work as will waking one and what the call cracking a jig. I like popping them out of grass like you do a Trap and getting some reaction bites. Same with banging them off dock poles like a squarebill.

My first choice is the Megabass Uoze Swimmer in Ayu or Gill.

I like the 6th Sense Divine swim jigs and
    Brovarny are very good swim jigs as well.
    I started making my own similar to very similar to Brovarny and do vey well on them. They are too easy to make and I can pour and tie up a bunch in no time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    So many different ways to fish it. The ways you describe will work as will waking one and what the call cracking a jig. I like popping them out of grass like you do a Trap and getting some reaction bites. Same with banging them off dock poles like a squarebill.

My first choice is the Megabass Uoze Swimmer in Ayu or Gill.
    Is that the one with the blade on it?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewupshaw View Post
    Is that the one with the blade on it?
    Yessir..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yessir..
    What hook is on that thing? I’ve been impressed with the ones I bought!

20. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    There are very, very few days I fish without a swimjig on the deck and I've settled on getting unskirted swimjigs from BOSS and put Z-Man or War Eagle skirts on them.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast