Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Evidently there is a new PPP form out today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The info has been out a week now.
    The bill authorizing this thing was only signed last week Mar 27 at 7pm.!
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

3. Banned

4. Banned
    My best friend got 45k and is happy as heck because he was open anyway.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    My best friend got 45k and is happy as heck because he was open anyway.
    I am waffling back and forth on it. Seems like a free for all, our business is great today, but maybe it won't be in a few months.... just hard to say. I sent an email to my accountant for his opinion, may have one to the attorney in a minute lol.

6. Member
    ive been trying to get online since 10am no go so far. my CPA is swamped today

I am waffling back and forth on it. Seems like a free for all, our business is great today, but maybe it won't be in a few months.... just hard to say. I sent an email to my accountant for his opinion, may have one to the attorney in a minute lol.

My wife is the same way...she has been on the phone with the owner of her company and they are trying to decide how to proceed. They want to take care of their employees first so that they have the core group still in place when the restrictions are lifted and business picks up again.

8. Member
    Its better to take it and possibly not need it as need it and not have it. Good Luck

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Its better to take it and possibly not need it as need it and not have it. Good Luck
    Thats what my attorney just told me, he said he is doing it for his business.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    If you don't take it, someone else will....(just being brutally honest as I have not yet determined if I am even going to apply for it)

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    If you don't take it, someone else will....(just being brutally honest as I have not yet determined if I am even going to apply for it)
    My accountant and attorney both just advised me to apply. It just feels I dunno, like looters during a hurricane and me deciding if I want to join in or not if that makes sense. Maybe thats a bit strong of an example.

12. Banned
    My accountant and attorney both just advised me to apply. It just feels I dunno, like looters during a hurricane and me deciding if I want to join in or not if that makes sense. Maybe thats a bit strong of an example.
    Exactly how I feel about it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    My wife is a CPA and has been spending most of her time this week trying to understand how all these bail outs and loans and what not will work so she can properly advise her clients (my business being one of them). It is a bold move promising all this money and trying to get it to most every one. It will be interesting to see what the final tally is for this whole package at the end. They keep saying 2 trillion but my bet would be closer to 5 trillion. If it works it will be pure genius and will help the whole world if it doesn't then we have just racked up a whole bunch more debt or inflation to deal with during a recession or depression.
    Same for me. I haven’t done a single tax return this week

14. Member
    I applied for my small company, in order to keep others paid. I took a 50% pay cut (no workload reduction). I think if you and your family can keep a lifestyle without it, you don't, if you or our employees need it, you do.

15. Matt20xd
    I work for myself with no employees. Looks like the package for others like me will be available next Friday. I have already spoken with my banker though and have my name on the list. I would advise everyone to do the same.

16. Member
    This program shouldn't be thought of as a handout. It is compensation for the burden the federal and state governments have put on businesses by requiring stay at home periods and other limitations to business, due to covid. This will only be the first round of these "loans" as $349 billion ain't going to go far.

17. Member
    They are giving you good information.

I hope that title was a typo

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I hope that title was a typo
    Perbably not

20. Member
    This guy has been on top of it all for two weeks...………………….has all of your answers if you watch them.

https://www.youtube.com/jjthecpa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast