2017 Skeeter FX20 LE bilge wiring

I purchased this three weeks ago, was a trade at a dealer 2 1/2 hours away. Been out x3 last week a tournament and had pump issues ended up the starboard side pump went out. Picked up two Rule 800 GPH to replace the 500's. Went to install last night and at this moment everything operating as is should.
    Question is I realize it's a one owner boat was originally purchased in 2018 but does Skeeter rat's nest all the accessory wires at the lowest point in the bilge? All four pumps, oxygenator, Rigid livewell lighting and whatever else is/was all wound together in the bilge and all the splices were male/female plug splices, not heat shrunk that's about 18-20 splices there. When I spliced in the pumps they were all corroded so replaced both ends. I'm sure all the others are the same. I'll attempt to replace them all and raise them up one way or another but is this normal for Skeeter? It's only a matter of time before other accessories start failing.

2. Member
    My 2018 ZX200 is just like that. All the bilge and live well wires are in two bundles laying on the floor. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. I had an issue where water was leaking in the boat while fishing and my auto bilge switch did not work and water was coming out of the drain in the floor! I'm pretty sure the bilge switch failed due to the wiring not to mention instead of a float switch they used an electronic one instead. I'm just going to take mine to the dealer at some point and have them redo the wiring. It's too much of a mess for me to try.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    I need to check the bilge pumps now that you mention it, new to Skeeter and I know for a fact twice I came off plane last weekend and washed over the transom, didn't think much about it but am more aware now. While I was waiting to trailer out I kicked on the bilge pumps and they pissed for quite a while, made me wonder why they didn't auto on?? Will have to check this weekend at the house if Alabama changes the directives currently in place if not G it is.

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    My 2018 ZX200 is just like that. All the bilge and live well wires are in two bundles laying on the floor. Pretty piss poor if you ask me. I had an issue where water was leaking in the boat while fishing and my auto bilge switch did not work and water was coming out of the drain in the floor! I'm pretty sure the bilge switch failed due to the wiring not to mention instead of a float switch they used an electronic one instead. I'm just going to take mine to the dealer at some point and have them redo the wiring. It's too much of a mess for me to try.

4. Member
    I was supposed to be going to Wheeler for a week starting on the 11th but not going to happen now. Hopefully next year.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

5. Member
    Well the livewell pumps work fine today able to fill both no issues, now when livewells are filled, recirc on starboard sided causes the console and bow HDS 12's to static up, interference and black, turn off starboard recirc and all good??? Gonna have to dive in the bilge and replace all the two year old loose and corroded splice groups.. expected more from Skeeter.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajwasco View Post
    Well the livewell pumps work fine today able to fill both no issues, now when livewells are filled, recirc on starboard sided causes the console and bow HDS 12's to static up, interference and black, turn off starboard recirc and all good??? Gonna have to dive in the bilge and replace all the two year old loose and corroded splice groups.. expected more from Skeeter.
    Wow, what a mess. One thing you might want to do while you're doing all that is to wire those graphs directly to your starting battery. That should help with that interference with the graphs.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225