Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Not me. When my son was born by C-section, I was peering over the curtain. My left hand bears the signs of a career in carpentry and woodworking, from sharp and spinny things. ("Don't bleed on the finish!")

Saw both of my kids born and didn't pass out. Other people's blood doesn't make me woozy. But, I prefer to look away when I have blood drawn.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Nope, I watched my son come out and never had this issue....

Draw a tube of blood though, especially after fasting....

4. Member
    Watched my first son and was right there to cut the cord, he was sunny side up so they had to put the thing on his head to help pull him out.

The twins were scheduled c-section, I was in the room but behind the curtain by my wife's head. I was watching when the docs pulled each one out and sang them happy birthday. First one out decided he had to pee on the doctor.

Blood doesn't bother me but I do cringe when watching those gruesome bone breaks in sports, like Thiesmanss broken leg from LT.

have never seen anyone pass out.

I took a squarebill to the face and had hooks through my cheek into my tongue. I had my partner cut the bait off from the hooks, finished the tournament then went and had the hooks cut out at the ER. Really was not bad at all.

6. Member
    Was fine. I can tell you all the imperfections, Marks and otherwise on the closest wall though

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Not me...

After many hours of wife trying to deliver, doc decided that our son wasn't getting here the regular way and it was off to emergency C-section.

It was fascinating to me; as soon as the process started, I wanted to scrub in and help with the procedure.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Banned
    I'll admit I got a little woozy when I heard that afterbirth hit the pan when my first was born but I didn't go down.

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    I'll admit I got a little woozy when I heard that afterbirth hit the pan when my first was born but I didn't go down.
    Standing eight count.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    I am lucky, in general those things don't bother me. Except for one time....

I got my EMT certification and volunteered at a local firehouse. Had a call for a truck versus motorcycle wreck. By the time we got their 2 paramedics were already on scene, as I walked around them to the see the patient I had to take a step back. The motorcycle had been going thru an intersection when an S10 took a left turn and hit her broadside. One of her many injuries was a compound fracture of her femur. Have to admin walking around that corner and seeing her femur sticking out bothered me.
    Been there done that except it was my own leg. I didn't pass out but it did freak me out. At first I wasn't sure what it was

11. Member
    Putting decking down and lost my balance, my hand went to the deck to balance myself and the decking gun sent a staple through the knuckle of my thumb. Out went the lights on the second attempt to pull the staple that had me pinned to the decking. Woke up and went back to work.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12