Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Back when St Helens blew and filled the air with ash and there were no masks to be had, people were making their own out of coffee filters. They worked pretty well IIRC.

I made my own mask. I have a ton of them.

2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I put my wife's underwear over my face last night..if rather get CV19 then do that again.
    My wife doesnt wear under wear, what must I do??? LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

4. Member
    Soak the mask w/beverage before wearing> LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Mine wears thongs, with they still provide protection?
    Your tongue will be safe .

6. Real Deal Tungsten
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Funny how the recommendations change. Someone lies to us to match whatever day it is. It's not only other governments.
    The problem is the people that know what needs to be done either, A. aren't listened too, or B. let media/peer/ego influences get in the way. Way to much worrying about what someone will think of their decision. I have said since day one, EVERYONE does not need to go out without a mask. It decreases the spread DRAMATICALLY. I know the China numbers are a lie, but the contacts I have over there are all still wearing masks when out. If China would have been open about it, I'm afraid we wouldn't have to be trying to convince people how bad this is and to quit worrying about their image. Just get it done and quit dragging things out. Go all in on the control and shorten the time we have to deal with it. Instead it's going to be drug out over several months due to lack of proper action.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    All we have is a few disposable paint mask. I heard it was a suggestion, not mandatory. Seems like pulling a Buff up and down would only cause you to touch the material and do more harm than good.
    You do not wear a mask to protect you. The mask is to protect others from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    You do not wear a mask to protect you. The mask is to protect others from you.
    That's in case you're asymptomatic. One study says now 50% of people might be asymptomatic. Also there are numerous studies saying 50% of people might be asymptomatic for the flu also.
    This virus has been around for months. It didn't suddenly appear a few weeks ago. The only reason for the "spike" is due to aggressive testing.
    There are a bunch of different symptoms (diarrhea, loss of taste, loss of smell, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose, sore throat) now associated with this virus. Thousands if not millions of people had these same symptoms for months and due to testing not being readily available for CV19 people passed it off as the flu or just having a cold.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

9. Real Deal Tungsten
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    That's in case you're asymptomatic. One study says now 50% of people might be asymptomatic. Also there are numerous studies saying 50% of people might be asymptomatic for the flu also.
    This virus has been around for months. It didn't suddenly appear a few weeks ago. The only reason for the "spike" is due to aggressive testing.
    There are a bunch of different symptoms (diarrhea, loss of taste, loss of smell, cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose, sore throat) now associated with this virus. Thousands if not millions of people had these same symptoms for months and due to testing not being readily available for CV19 people passed it off as the flu or just having a cold.
    Well by your logic if it's been around for months, how come the hospitals weren't full. If you haven't noticed it has a very HIGH hospitalization rate. Look at the number of flu cases/deaths every year. Then look at the confirmed cases/deaths of this is just a short time. We've never set up refrigeration trucks for the flu to hold the dead. Think about that. This was not here earlier. I don't care how you spin it. People don't just get hospitalized, and take up all the ICU beds and ventilators "just because it's being tested for"

How exactly will a buff prevent you from getting sick???

11. Member
    A lot of people think they know what they are talking about. Many of the same people are misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    How exactly will a buff prevent you from getting sick???
    It's only to inhibit YOU from potentially expelling it into the area around you, NOT to prevent it from entering you. Think of it as a salad bar sneeze shield you wear on your face.
    Ranting incoherently

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12