Thread: wisconsin lakes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

wisconsin lakes

are wisconsin lakes open to fishing, I live on the state line and mostly fish southern wisconsin lakes ?

2. Member
    Since it looks as you'll be crossing state lines it's probably worth noting that they do recommend you "stay (close to) or in your community" DNR staff will be monitoring parks to ensure people follow the social distancing guidelines per the WI DNR website, having said that, the lakes and rivers around Madison are open far as I know.
    Also bass is now catch and release year round along with the normal harvest season.
    Cheese County Bass Club

3. Member
    NO FIBS allowed!! Just joking of course Bandone. Enjoy the lakes while they are open. A press release last week sent out from one of the governor's aides said that fishing is both allowed and encouraged. The DNR also put something out that said to stay "3 walleye lengths" away from others. They obviously have never saw my walleyes or they would have said to stay 6 walleyes apart.

(For those of you that aren't from Illinois or Wisconsin, the Wisconsin folks refer to people from Illinois as FIBS; F&!@ng Illinois Bastards)

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/h...fb5145aaa.html

4. Member
    Yes and they are chewing. At least they were this afternoon.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    NO FIBS allowed!! Just joking of course Bandone. Enjoy the lakes while they are open. A press release last week sent out from one of the governor's aides said that fishing is both allowed and encouraged. The DNR also put something out that said to stay "3 walleye lengths" away from others. They obviously have never saw my walleyes or they would have said to stay 6 walleyes apart.

(For those of you that aren't from Illinois or Wisconsin, the Wisconsin folks refer to people from Illinois as FIBS; F&!@ng Illinois Bastards)

that's funny, when I told my wife years ago what a FIB was she laughed her ass off, hey there's a bar and grill in Rockton named Fibs, must be owned by a cheese head, and by the way I'm a packers fan, green and gold till I'm dead and cold, Madison chains got to be on fire about now. I'll be done putting a new helix 12 on tomorrow I just might have to test it out during the week if I can sneak out of the state, social distancing

Stay at home means, stay at home, why take the chance of spreading the crap if you don't need too?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Stay at home means, stay at home, why take the chance of spreading the crap if you don't need too?
    fibs are always looking for a way to skirt the law.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    fibs are always looking for a way to skirt the law.
    Plus, they already spread disease everywhere they go.

9. Banned
    I had to look FIB up. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    I had to look FIB up. Awesome!
    It’s been part of our vernacular for 40 years.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post

We know you mean it in the nicest way Murph! Our out of state family license fees pay for the restocking of the walleye and crappie we both like to eat ...and occasionally I get to wrestle with some big 'ole muskies

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

I guess all those cheese heads that cross state lines everyday to go work should stay home as well. I worked with a lot of people that lived in Southern Wisconsin when I worked for General Mills and I know a lot of people working at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere live in Wisconsin as well. I would be more worried about Wisconsin residents bringing it back from their workplace before some guy spending the day on a lake. What do I know though. If you go up there to fish, don’t stop for gas and don’t stop anywhere but the lake and go by yourself.

13. Member
    I prefer to call them FISHTABs up here. Hoping out ice comes off soon so I can fish some local lakes.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    I guess all those cheese heads that cross state lines everyday to go work should stay home as well. I worked with a lot of people that lived in Southern Wisconsin when I worked for General Mills and I know a lot of people working at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere live in Wisconsin as well. I would be more worried about Wisconsin residents bringing it back from their workplace before some guy spending the day on a lake. What do I know though. If you go up there to fish, don’t stop for gas and don’t stop anywhere but the lake and go by yourself.

15. Banned
    But all joking aside

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    We know you mean it in the nicest way Murph! Our out of state family license fees pay for the restocking of the walleye and crappie we both like to eat ...and occasionally I get to wrestle with some big 'ole muskies
    I cancelled my annual Illinois musky trip Kev. We come down in April every year for 4 days of fishing. I'm going to miss it as we always have a great time.

what would Ill. do for intelligent life if the cheese heads didn't cross the border, If factories depended on FIBS only, they wouldn't be in business long.....

18. Member
    Maybe us Wisconsin people are mean but yes we have FIBS and Idiots Out Wondering Round aka Iowa folks

Quote Originally Posted by Boone2004 View Post
    Maybe us Wisconsin people are mean but yes we have FIBS and Idiots Out Wondering Round aka Iowa folks
    Maybe edit in the letter A before calling others idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    what would Ill. do for intelligent life if the cheese heads didn't cross the border, If factories depended on FIBS only, they wouldn't be in business long.....
    I’ll give you that one that’s funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast