Thread: Lets Cook it #1

Lets Cook it #1

Ok there has been enough "downer" post on here the last few weeks. Going to start a new style today. Be doing this every few days. PLEASE post the way you do it. I'm going to post a food and post the way you like to fix it. First up HAMBURGERS.
    I get a pack of 93-7 and a pack of 75-25 hamburger and mix the two up using salt, pepper, granulated garlic and worsetshire sauce. I'll let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Most of the time now I'm cooking them on the Blackstone making them smashburgers. While the burgers are cooking I'll put my onions on and grill them. I like to put one slice of swiss and one slice of American cheese on the patties. Take them all up and toast the buns. Here in the Carolinas' we eat them "All the Way". Mustard, slaw, onions and chili. I'll put one sliced dill pickle on the top of the bun. For side a like steak fries. Ok lets hear it
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Sounds delicious rb!

We keep it pretty simple. Wife likes to food prep, so she'll buy 10lb rolls of burger at Sams. We team up with her weighing and packaging while I press out 1/3 lb patties with a cabelas burger press. 8 burgers go in a gallon ziploc which matches the bun count in a package. Anytime we get hungry for burgers, we pull out a pack.

Cooking is pretty simple. Fire up the kamado with some Royal Oak, and cook on the cool side. Season with Montreal burger seasoning. We do American cheese, ketchup/mustard and pickles.

Stuffed burgers are pretty good too. Different press. I add some chopped jalapenos and bacon to cream cheese, then put a dollop in each burger. Darn good

3. Member
    80/20, salt, pepper, garlic. Big patties on the smoker until medium to medium rare. Never touch them other than to put them on and take them off
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    I'm a smashburger guy. 80/20, get the Blackstone hot, melt butter on it, and smash them down (must use butter!). Onions grilling on side under cover. Salt, pepper, after flipped once. Toasted bun, cheddar cheese, mayo catsup and mustard, with pickle. I'll apologize to my doctor later!

You guys are making me want a Blackstone....

I've not tried Blackstone. Still do ours semi- "old fashioned" way...CharBroil propane grill. 93-7 or Black Angus, get them to about 1/3 lb. Usually have onions in garlic butter wrapped in foil on the side. Burgers get Montreal Steak Seasoning to each side. Some want topped with BBQ sauce and cheese starting to melt on the grill before taking off. Some want the onions covered by melted cheese just before lift off.
    Pepper Jack, Cheddar and American cheeses. For large gatherings, HB buns. If just the wife and I, Brioche buns or Hawaiian buns.
    But we also grill brats or Italian sausages at the same time(grilled onions/green peppers) just to prep for the week.

7. Member
    This isn't a typical burger for me, but I figured I'd show a Michigan specialty. I'm pretty sure these aren't popular outside of the midwest or possibly even Michigan, but you can't beat an olive burger.

Just regular 80/20 ground beef. Little salt and lots of black pepper, you don't need much seasoning with the olives. Charcoal grill super hot. Couple minutes on both side and a piece of gouda to finish. Chop up 4 or 5 olives and mix with a little mayo. Toast the bun top with burger and olive "salad". Add about 3 cold beers and it is tough to beat!

IMG_E1759[1].JPG

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Take a nice sweet onion and slice it 1/2” to 3/4” thick. Get a glass baking dish with a lid that is large enough to lay all the slices in a single layer. Put about a tablespoon of Italian dressing in a spot on the dish and lay an onion slice on top of it. Once all the onions are in, cover them with the dressing. Bake at 350 until the onions become translucent.

Delicious on the burgers or as a side.

The dressing will start to get dark in areas where there aren’t onions, but it won’t hurt.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    This isn't a typical burger for me, but I figured I'd show a Michigan specialty. I'm pretty sure these aren't popular outside of the midwest or possibly even Michigan, but you can't beat an olive burger.

Just regular 80/20 ground beef. Little salt and lots of black pepper, you don't need much seasoning with the olives. Charcoal grill super hot. Couple minutes on both side and a piece of gouda to finish. Chop up 4 or 5 olives and mix with a little mayo. Toast the bun top with burger and olive "salad". Add about 3 cold beers and it is tough to beat!

IMG_E1759[1].JPG
    I was born and raised in Grand Rapids. Love some olive burgers. Prefer to mix them in Mayo. Mr. Burger style.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

10. Member
    You guys are killing me - my old grill is shot and I'm shopping for a new one.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    I was born and raised in Grand Rapids. Love some olive burgers. Prefer to mix them in Mayo. Mr. Burger style.
    NICE!!! Never been to Mr. Burger, I'll check it out the next time I'm down at my sisters!