2002 Ranger Comanche Electrical Issues

I have a 2002 Ranger Comanche 519 and I developed a problem with a livewell pump last Friday. Everything worked until I tried to turn a livewell pump on and it shut everything down for a split second, then it all came back on, but the pumps would not work. Also, my bilge pumps would work until i attempted to turn on the livewell pump. Again, when I pushed the button for livewell pump, it shut everything down. I pulled the fuse for the livewell 1 and it all operated as normal (except for livewell 1 pump obviously). Jump forward to Wednesday and I go fishing. I fish for about 5 or 10 minutes and I lose all the power to my front panel. Now, nothing on my front panel works. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to what my be going on? I thought that I had replaced everything on this boat, but now I am finding things I have never had to replace before.

2. Member
    I would start at the battery. Check loose connection on the cranking battery. You Have a keypad from what you are saying. I would see if you can find someone with a spare key pad and see if that is the issue.
    If you not blowing fuses then I would say a bad connection or keypad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish;10993002[COLOR=#ff0000
    ]I would start at the battery. Check loose connection on the cranking battery[/COLOR]. You Have a keypad from what you are saying. I would see if you can find someone with a spare key pad and see if that is the issue.
    If you not blowing fuses then I would say a bad connection or keypad.
    Me to
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    True, I am not blowing fuses. I have found no loose connections. I haven't checked my pump yet, but I am not sure that is the issue. I don't know anyone with a spare keypad. Thanks.

5. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    deleted

6. Member
    I could not find any loose connections. I examined my pump and it looks good. I replaced it a year ago. I did notice that I need an o-ring for one of them. Does anyone know which o-ring fits a Mayfair Marine pump cartridge Model: 28572? Anyway, when I push my aerator button, there is a distinct "click" coming from the fuse box. I assume it's one of the relays, but I am not sure which one. The fuses are labelled, but the relays are not. Is it possible that the relay is malfunctioning? Are they replaceable?

It sounds like there is something stopping the pump from turning. Remove the cartridge out, clean any debris off and make sure it will move freely. Hold it up off the deck with the top side up and turn the switch on. It should run smoothly. If not, the pump is bad. If it does then make sure there are no obstructions in the housing and that it sets in correctly.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    I have already done this. I cleaned a small amount of debris out, but it should not have caused the pump to fail. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think the pump is bad. I will do some more investigating when I get home. Yesterday, I could not get either pump to work, nor would my bilge pumps come on. I am starting to believe the problem is in the actual circuit board or in the keypad, but I am not sure how to test either of these.

9. Member
    Ok, here is where I am at with it now. When I push a button for a pump (on console and/or bow keypad) there is a click in the power box that contains the main circuit board and fuses/relays, but nothing happens. I can still select L, M, H on the aerator, but when pushing the button for the aerator, I get a click and everything resets. The horn will not work now. The only buttons that work are the lights and they work at both the console and bow; however, I have not actually put the lights in, I have just noticed the buttons work normally. I now believe that my problem is the main circuit board or possibly one or both of the keypads, but I do not know how to test these. Any ideas?

Sounds like it is time to take it to someone who knows where to look and can repair it.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    That is what I was afraid of because I don't really know anyone I trust completely.

12. Member
    Where are you in Texas
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Where are you in Texas
    I am located outside of Jacksonville, in the Tyler/Longview area

14. Member
    Tilt on the bow is now working. I haven’t done anything. I’m pretty sure that water is the culprit but I don’t know where the problem is.