Question Rule Float Switch Set Up - Rocker Switch -200 Eilte

I moved to the "rocker switch conversion kit" in 2011, and love it.

I have 2 bilge pumps & a rule-a-matic plus float switch.

1) if I blow a fuse, a breakers will pop up. There are no fuses. I need to reset it as I would a breaker at my breaker box at home, is this true? (See pic)

2) my float switch doesn't work. My two bilge pumps run when I turn the rocker switch on. I replaced the float switch, it still isn't working.....

--a) on my bilge rocker switch, if the float switch did work, I believe it would turn on bilge # 2. I also see on my "wiring diagram" bilge float connecting to bilge # 2. Is this the right analysis?

--b) I tested the wires which connect to the float switch, and I don't see any voltage. Should there always be voltage in those 2 wires. I didn't Trace those 2 wires, because they end up in a big ball of wires in my hull. How can I test those 2 wires to see if this is problem?

--c) am I correct in saying that if the float switch turned on then my bilge rocker switch would light up without having to click it on. This is why it has "auto" and "dual" on it, and is on "dual" unless I turn them on I am 99.99% that it working this way. Is this true?

--See pics for rocker switches and pumps.

Would enjoy your support:-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fishthenation; 11-20-2021 at 01:39 PM.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Tom, if your harness is like mine, there is a 6ga red wire connected to the battery. About 8" back there is a 50A breaker. Off the opposite end of the breaker are 2 10ga wires. I told you all that to tell you this ... Also on the positive battery terminal is a brown wire with a red trace. That brown/red is the power to one side of the float. The other wire may also be a brown/red. It goes back to the bilge switch where it connects to the wire that runs the pump. Now those 2 red wires I mentioned above and the brown/red power wire running to the float are fused near the positive post of the battery Each has a Delphi style fuse holder. So check the fuse holder with the brown/red wires and see if the fuse is blown.

Reggie. Simply, thank you. I was going to chase that wire down as I didn't know I had any fuses:-(. I found the two Delphi fuses anchored next to the circuit breaker. I never knew what those were:-(. Anyway the 5 amp was burned up, the 20amp didn't look good. So I replaced both. Now rather than taking all my batteries out, I'm gonna wait to tomorrow and run a hose in the hull to see if it will kick on.

I provided pics for others!

I will firm up one last time if it was fixed.

Reggie THANK YOU.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Hmmm, there should have been 3 fuses back there. 2 red leads and 1 brn/red, which I see yours are orange. Whoever installed the conversion may have used the 30A breaker for the other red lead since that breaker was removed as part of the conversion instructions.

Did you say yours is a 07? If so, did the harness have Deutsch type connectors for the pumps or the 2 contact flat rubberized connectors ala trailer plug? And how do you control the pump-out?
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 04-03-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Success. Thank you again Reggie. Yes, I have an '07 Elite 200. My pump out is the lower right ACC switch on my panel. The question regarding connectors for the pumps, I don't know:-( do you mean behind the panel?