any of you all tent camp off your bike

Wife and I love to camp but with all the state parks shutting down and no clue when they will be open again this is something we are looking at doing more this summer.
    what type of gar do you all use when camping like this?

I never have but it would all depend on a few things. How much room you have for gear and how much you actually want to "Rough It" .

3. Member
    Ive been looking at this one. Be nice to have a couple of chairs where the bike is at if its raining, instead of being trapped inside of the tent..They also make it for 1 person. Still deciding or if Id rather just use the motel and risk the bike being stole

Find a hotel that you can park in front of the door, or better yet wheel it in the door if there is a sliding door.
    Ask the hotel up front if there is an area that would safe to leave the bike. Buy some caliper locks and a good cable lock as well.

5. Member
    That looks interesting , I see plenty of bikes and tents up in Laconia during bike week , I couldn't do it tho can't sleep without a/c in the summer.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    In the early 70s my girl friend and I camped with my BMW for a while until our son was born. This year it'll be our 50th year anniversary. We used to bring a couple of sleeping bags we'd zip together and a tarp for a tent. Air mattresses kept us off the ground.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex from GA View Post
    . This year it'll be our 50th year anniversary.
    Congratulations on that
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    The adventure bike guys have a LOT of options for camping. I did some camping on my bike over the years. Tank bag back pack and duffle bag on my ninja 900. A quality backpack can hold a bunch!! Lots of tents out there. From my bass tournament experience i know every cheap hotel in the northeast!! Just got some cable locks on ebay.

9. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    No way. When I’m done riding for the day I want a nice soft bed and hot, private shower. Along with A/C after a hot day

10. Member
    A friend of mine is a serious backpacking mountain camper. He bought this inflatable tent on amazon. Was about 750$ he told me yesterday that between him hiking and the kids using it at home it gets used 50 times a year. He said worth every penny. 5 minute set-up 10 min pack up. Could be motor bike friendly.
    I agree about the hotel and ac. Took my first overnight bike trip in 32 years. Backpack with cloths. Stayed at a hilton. Got some time coming up this fall. Hoping to hit cabins in the thousands islands.