Thread: Code 180 on G2

Code 180 on G2

I went out for a little fishing last Thursday, after running to my first spot and finding someone already there I started to go somewhere else. Before the boat got on plane I got the 180 code, the engine would start but everytime I tried to get on plane it would do the same thing. Went on line and found out that it was probably the middle plastic plug in the air intake. I limped back to the ramp and loaded it up. Back at the hotel I looked to see if it was something I could solve but I figured out real fast I didn't want to tackle that job. The next morning I called a dealer that was about an hour away and he told me to bring it in and they would check it.
    So when they took it apart there were two plugs missing , the plug that protects the threads in the flywheel and the middle one. The middle one was found over the opening to the throttle body but the small one was no where is site, which led to further disassembly to make sure it hadn't gone through the throttle body into the airbox. It wasn't there so the only thing they could figure was that it was left out after the engine was installed.
    Wanted to give a shout out to Causeway Marina in Elizabeth City NC for helping me out, great guys!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar