Banned

problem with us2 on an ulterra

us2 transducer will no longer hold bottom. depth showing erratic and no bottom showing. been trying to figure out through process of elimination where problem lies. i have used two different sonar heads that work correctly on different transducers. have eliminated the extension cable by wiring directly to the tm head unit using the adapter cable then to the sonar head. There appears to be no difference. I should note that the transducer has a strong ping by feel and by hearing the clicking. Only thing that i dont know how to check is the adapter cable to eliminate that. is there a way to check it short of buying a new one? Also assuming the adapter cable is ok, could the us2 be bad even with a strong ping or does it have to be the cables?
    also i should note that i have been using the spot lock alot lately causing the cables to twist and turn more then usual. thanks in advance

2. Member
    On the cables, are the connections tight. I'm assuming so. I see the adapter cable go bad from time to time. You might find a buddy with the same adapter and try his. Unless the cables are nicked, I seldom see a US2 transducer go bad.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    On the cables, are the connections tight. I'm assuming so. I see the adapter cable go bad from time to time. You might find a buddy with the same adapter and try his. Unless the cables are nicked, I seldom see a US2 transducer go bad.
    John
    Thats what i was thinking the us2 is pinging loud and clear and the only thing to try is too find another adapter. I assume that if it is the extension cable it would be covered under warr. trying to avoid going to a factory repair station as the closest one is 1 1/2 hrs away, then u got this virus deal going on. Thanks for the reply

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lfg View Post
    Thats what i was thinking the us2 is pinging loud and clear and the only thing to try is too find another adapter. I assume that if it is the extension cable it would be covered under warr. trying to avoid going to a factory repair station as the closest one is 1 1/2 hrs away, then u got this virus deal going on. Thanks for the reply
    Transducer clicking doesn’t mean it is working.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Also make sure you are using the correct connected transducer setting for your unit. I'm sure you know what that is but sometimes if you reset defaults it may get changed depending on your unit.

6. Banned
    do understand the clicking doesn't mean its working, just hoping i guess. I have heard from a factory repair guy in the area (1 1/2 hr away jay liu from redding ca.) (good guy by the way) that its rare for the us2 transducer to go out and now i hear from john jones (another good guy) essentially is saying the same thing. The adapter cable is not that much dinero 25 -30 bucks. Im thinking i need to eliminate that as a possible cause. prob. is that minn kota is not shipping at this time. Anyone got an idea? maybe john at jones troll motor has one . us2 to humminbird

7. Member
    They should have one. Call them at 8707733474. Thanks