Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Social Distancing Fish

For those who are able to get out, let's share some catch photos. It's always nice to jump on these forums and take a break from all the garbage floating around on social media. Anyone had any luck anywhere? I'm hoping this improvement with weather will start to get the girls going.

20200402_180234.jpg

This doesnt really count since it's just a farm pond fish, but I had a tough day on Shelbyville so I unhooked the boat and walked a lap around the pond for some redemption!!

Fished Lake of Egypt yesterday. Problem was...the fish were social distancing ME.

4. Member
    Fished local today in hopes for some fish photos to no avail. First skunk in years. At least I'm not the only one struggling.

5. Member
    Headed to Bass n' Gill Club in Plainfield twice this week...nada....wah-wah...Last April 7th I pulled out 15 largemouth in 70 min...best day fishing of my life...but same spot, and nothing twice this week....water too cold still?

6. Member
    What lake at BG? I'm a member there. Had some decent luck at fletcher, and a couple on Little Harris, but really that's about it. I feel like the local skinny water doesn't start getting good until the water gets into the 60s.

20200403_181901.jpg

I didn't get home tonight until 5:30 PM so I just did a little bank fish'n in Salt Creek. This is actually a pretty decent fish for the creek.

8. Member
    Hey Purduephigam,

I was on main lake from shore and boondocks...I let the kids run around with the dog while I shore fish (there' interested for about 10 minutes! Haha, I can get em to cast for a little while until they're bored...I was hoping the bite was on....). I just put my boat in there Wednesday and hope to sneak out there later tonight if it's sunny...I did get a few pike last week on main lake from shore....thanks for the tip at the club...I'm a newbie there and haven't figured out the patterns...but I'm not really concerned if I don't catch anything...it's nice to be outside and clear your head, especially with everything going on! Stay safe and have fun...I want to make sure I'm out there when the bite turns on...I've got nothing but time with my office currently closed...nice to have a private place to go to!

20200404_192305.jpg

I had every intention of driving over to Lake Vermilion this afternoon, but I got busy with other stuff and never even hitched up my boat. I took the dog to run at Salt Creek and ended up catching this one in the pic and a couple smaller ones. I'm going crazy not being able to fish the regular lakes right now, cuz there are big fish all over the banks of these creeks and farm ponds right now.

Here is a catch from my clubhouse pond. Me and my son who is home from college because of the virus had a great afternoon walking the bank.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by illinifish View Post
    Here is a catch from my clubhouse pond. Me and my son who is home from college because of the virus had a great afternoon walking the bank.
    Atta-boy. I whine a lot about the lakes closing and tournaments being cancelled, but I'm very grateful to still be able to bank fish the ponds and creeks for a little while every day.

12. Member
    Wondered about Vermilion being open...my grandkids are down near Watseka and the wife and I visited them through the window for their Bdays...told her I'd only fished it for the first time last year in Nov...might be worth a weekday drive down then!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Wondered about Vermilion being open...my grandkids are down near Watseka and the wife and I visited them through the window for their Bdays...told her I'd only fished it for the first time last year in Nov...might be worth a weekday drive down then!
    Yep. I haven't gone over there yet this year, but I've got friends who have been catching them there for the past week or so. I'm going over to Lake Springfield tomorrow and then I'll probably fish Vermilion Tuesday or Weds.

14. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    2 limits of Shelbyville saugers. Released a couple large female walleyes to finish their spawn.

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    2 limits of Shelbyville saugers. Released a couple large female walleyes to finish their spawn.
    Atta-boy.. those look delicious!!

Ran over to Springfield today. A few keepers but no good fish. I'll write a report with conditions later tonight.Screenshot_20200406-160617_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20200406-160627_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20200406-160638_Messages.jpg

I saw this one on a bed when I was running my dog this morning. I promised Chase (Purduephigam) that I would try to catch her after work tonight. Here you go buddy...20200407_190405.jpg

18. Member
    Skunked again at Bass n Gill this morning on Fletcher...nothing worked....man, I suck! I’m blaming it on the super moon last night...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfitz78 View Post
    Skunked again at Bass n Gill this morning on Fletcher...nothing worked....man, I suck! I’m blaming it on the super moon last night...
    Feel your pain Bobby! My closest pond gave up nothing on Tuesday morning...blamed the lightning the night before Called a buddy and asked him to remind me how to catch a bass again, lol...sucks

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

20. Member
    Back to the Bass & Gill club early this morning...51 degree water...nothin’ biting, but weed growth apparently starting early?...rain from yesterday turned em off maybe...at least that’s what I tell myself! But they’re ain’t anything like a cup of coffee on your boat when the suns coming up...peaceful.

stay safe boys...I hope to post a pic of an actual on here someday! Hahaha...weird Spring so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast