Fishing Across State Lines and Virus

So I live in IL and fish mainly S.E Wisconsin. My next door neighbors ex lives in Wisconsin and she lives in IL. He told me that you cannot cross your state line to fish another state. Apparently, WI police are ticketing cars that have IL plates in their ramp parking. Now I know WI is closed to big game fishing until the first Saturday in May, however you can panfish all year long. Does anyone in IL or WI know the true facts? I know we are still a ways off for opening week in WI.

2. Member
    I live in east dubuque. I fish out of sunfish ramp (olearys) a lot. This is the first ive heard of it. But, i will say that i would have ill plates and be parked at the wi ramp. Just like you. So im not sure. Ill make a phone call and see and post back. Just got off phone with our tourney director. Said he hasnt heard any rule/law changes as of right now.

Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    My wife has been reading on the WI (safer at home) website, and it says that if it is non-essential travel, there could be a $250 fine and possibly 30 days imprisonment. Don't know if this will be upheld, but going fishing is not essential travel if you ask me. This is supposed to be up to April 30th I believe. We shall see.

5. Member
    They're basically asking people to stay close to home and in their own communities, WI DNR plans to watch parks to ensure people are doing what their supposed to be doing.
    Cheese County Bass Club