Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Banned
    If son and daughter weren’t bitching about his “free ride”, would you still care if he lived there?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushbeater View Post
    Ok, I'm the OP and I knew I'd get crucified on this issue. The house is in my name and I pay all associated costs.
    I don't see that you are wrong at all dude , I have two men at home wondering if I am footing the bills forever , however I have no advice At all good luck.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Well now that we know you own the house, it's a little different. Your son won't be trying to kick you out. Unfortunately for you, because of the virus, you ain't kickin him out either. And since he lived their longer than you, you might have a hard time forcing him out. Depends on state laws. Might want to try and work out an agreement.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Banned
    You should kick him out.

I don't understand how people can be so heartless and turn their backs on family.
    He is still your son.

Is this another thread about 2 1/2 Men?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent11 View Post
    You should kick him out.

I don't understand how people can be so heartless and turn their backs on family.
    He is still your son.
    putting some pressure on him to get out is not heartless, its part of life. sometimes it takes swift kick in the arse to get some going.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something.

So your Mom has a nice house on the lake. Your son moved in with her after your father passed, and probably helped her. He has lived there for several years. Your mom moved out. You moved in and want to kick him out. The mom still owns the house?

My guess is that your son is on reddit asking about how to kick his father out of the house.
    You have a point...

8. Banned
    When I started trying to stay out past 11 at age 17 my dad had a talk with me. He said son, I know what you're going through with your hormones ECT but I have to get up at 5am to go to work. You coming in at 12 isn't going to work. This isn't a hotel and we love you but if you want to act like man it's time to be one. If you want to live here you will have to be in by 10. If you don't like that you can get your own place.

I moved out a month later. To this day I thank him for giving me that talk.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    putting some pressure on him to get out is not heartless, its part of life. sometimes it takes swift kick in the arse to get some going.

War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushbeater View Post
    Ok, I'm the OP and I knew I'd get crucified on this issue. The house is in my name and I pay all associated costs.
    If the house is in your name then you have a legal right to evict him. However there are laws that protect him because it is considered his legal residence since he has been there so long. Check your local laws and see the right way to do it if needed. First I would talk to him and give him a chance on his own to get out, try to work out a plan with him. But let him know that you will evict him if he does not follow through.

11. Member
    When we built this house, we had an couple next door to us that were almost 60. Great people. They had two sons. One left soon after high school after getting a job at a plant. The other went from job to job and moved back in. He would work odd jobs and such, but nothing steady. He was living with Sal and Ada when we moved here. He cut the grass, kept the house in shape, painted and cooked. Ada was diagnosed with cancer and had relapses, while Sal had a severe heart attack and was never the same. Their son got them to their appointments , took great care of each one until their passing, and would not considerplacing them.in a Senior Home. The other son rarely came to see them or check up on them...he merely wanted his cut when the time came. I do not know if your son will be like this guy.... but sometimes it is good to be loved and taken care of by...a member of your family. Good luck

Is he cutting into your retired party time?????

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    1- How is this "your" home? Is it in your name or your Mom's name?

2- Your Son has established a legal residence there. In order to evict him you have to go through the civil system. Unless the house is in your name, he could legally evict you.

3- Ask yourself if this is worth splitting your family up because it will happen when you try to kick him out.
    yes this is the sad reality.If he had 1 piece of mail delivered there he has established residency, sadly this is correct. I actually have first hand experience

Step 1. Get good and liquored up.
    Step 2. Watch Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson court room scene in “A few good men” to practice your yelling skills.
    Step 3. Set up Go Pro
    Step 4. Confront 40 year old son...doing your best Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson capturing scene on Go Pro
    Step 5. Call Cops
    Step 6. Publish video of You/Son/Cops on YouTube
    Step 7. Video goes viral
    Step 8. Collect monetization from YouTube
    Step 9. Continue getting good and Liquored up.

Mom needs to tell him to get the hell out!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Step 1. Get good and liquored up.
    Step 2. Watch Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson court room scene in “A few good men” to practice your yelling skills.
    Step 3. Set up Go Pro
    Step 4. Confront 40 year old son...doing your best Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson capturing scene on Go Pro
    Step 5. Call Cops
    Step 6. Publish video of You/Son/Cops on YouTube
    Step 7. Video goes viral
    Step 8. Collect monetization from YouTube
    Step 9. Continue getting good and Liquored up.
    I can't wait to see this on LIVE PD. Make sure you have boxers and a wife beater on when the cameras show up.

You need a motivational speaker. I know a guy.

Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    yes this is the sad reality.If he had 1 piece of mail delivered there he has established residency, sadly this is correct. I actually have first hand experience
    Had a guy pull me that one time in one of my rental houses, Said he wouldn't leave unless the sheriff told him to leave
    Four days later the sheriff put him in handcuffs put him in the car and he left

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Change the locks.
    Like it or not the son has tenants rights and that is a great way to turn this into a cluster****.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast