Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Never seen so many people outside excercising

I have never seen so many people outside exercising as I have seen the last week or two. Lots of families going for walks, jogging, riding their bicycles, around the neighborhood.

We have been spending our extra time at the local baseball fields. It is just my two kids and me that practice. We do a lot of hitting and then I hit them flyballs, and groundballs.

What are you guys doing with your extra time? Have you been noticing a lot more people outside exercising or walking? Who knows maybe we will all lose a little weight when this virus is over.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

2. Banned
    My wife n I walk in the AM....and yes I see it

3. Member
    Yeap. I am seeing a lot of it when I hit the trails.
    2017 Nitro 150 Optimax

Lots of people out hiking and biking. Fishing is a no go for boaters and the lake is completely closed to vehicles. But people are hiking all over and even going in restricted areas or areas that are closed. It's a a bit crazy. Wife and I have been bike riding. It's fun and good exercise.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I agree on seeing many more people out walking when I walk our dog. I find it refreshing to see people outside and most of the time it is families walking together.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

6. Member
    Yes same way here. A lake I fish has a park around it and the parking lot was full despite it only being in the 40s on a Saturday morning. Normally it would be empty in those conditions. Going to be nuts once we finally get some good weather.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Yep, people walking and biking all over the place. We have a great trail system here.

8. Banned
    I am down 10lbs so far.

hmmmmmm Close ALL the Buffets and Fast Food, plus everyone exercising as much as can, that is a POSITIVE!!!!!!!

10. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler Bob View Post
    I have never seen so many people outside exercising as I have seen the last week or two. Lots of families going for walks, jogging, riding their bicycles, around the neighborhood.

We have been spending our extra time at the local baseball fields. It is just my two kids and me that practice. We do a lot of hitting and then I hit them flyballs, and groundballs.

What are you guys doing with your extra time? Have you been noticing a lot more people outside exercising or walking? Who knows maybe we will all lose a little weight when this virus is over.
    I'm remodeling a room in my house.

11. Member
    I'm exercising in the bathroom getting one of the many tasks finished on the honey do list. Scraping of the old wallpaper. I'd rather be walking the golf course today. Oh well life is good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Yep my cardio is better than ever, at sub 8 minute miles. Weather has been amazing!

i'm walking like Rick and Carl and Carol on the daily, lol. no contact. 10 feet spacing from others.

Last edited by Bluegill22; 04-02-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Yep my cardio is better than ever, at sub 8 minute miles. Weather has been amazing!
    nice!!!!!

15. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Golf courses are still open. Some COVID guidelines....1 person per cart for example. Getting my exercise walking 9 holes a few days a week.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

I'm still working full time so I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, but yes I'm seeing people out everywhere running, walking, etc.

This weekend I plan on working on the house a little bit and either playing some golf, or taking the wife to the lake and letting her have her first go around at trying to pick some off beds.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

17. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Still cold and windy in AM. I do short walk around 10:30 & another 1 to 3pm. Knee is feeling good (kratom ?) And Achilles feeling good too after month of tightness. I have 2 rods ready to go for ponds (senko &hula grub) .I just saw golf course 1 block away is closed...let ground dry out 2 more days and I will walk thru fence and fish a few of their ponds in the DAY....

18. Member
    Still working here. I was going to the gym everyday until this hit. I need to start walking everyday got lazy without the gym being available.

That is a great thing!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    Solid
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast