Thread: Can we fish?

Banned

Can we fish?

I found this video and it points out directly from the governors order exactly what the rules are regarding fishing and other outdoor activity. Don't know if you all are familiar with the Salt Strong guys but they are straight up guys.

2. Member
    Yes you can fish, abide by the rules; 50' from another boat, max 10 people on boat, 6' distance rule on personal space.

3. Member
    It’s a way to provide food for your family. They can’t stop you from providing for your family.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The order says that fishing is an “essential activity” but you can’t “congregate” so no tourneys.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Well the Clewiston ramp was full when I loaded up today... in fact there were trailers in the overflow lot by the bathrooms..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blade1970 View Post
    Well the Clewiston ramp was full when I loaded up today... in fact there were trailers in the overflow lot by the bathrooms..
    A whole lot of lower units are about to be lost too, all these people that aren't used to Okeechobee during low water are flocking there because most ramps in the south are closed.

7. Banned
    Come the end of April I'm gonna be there for a week on the N end of the lake. As long as ya shut down a few hundred yards off the reed line you should be ok.... correct????

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Come the end of April I'm gonna be there for a week on the N end of the lake. As long as ya shut down a few hundred yards off the reed line you should be ok.... correct????
    I was there yesterday you should be alright in a couple of weeks but if we don't get rain you're going to be at about 11' then.

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

That just depends where you are.......

Quote Originally Posted by Arethaz View Post
    A whole lot of lower units are about to be lost too, all these people that aren't used to Okeechobee during low water are flocking there because most ramps in the south are closed.

There was a VERY NICE gentelman yesterday who used his own time to rescue a couple of bass boats from south bay yesterday afternoon that got stuck.... Don't know why anyone would've been down there yesterday as the wind was blowing hard out of the south sucking all the water out.........and yes guys are donating lower units and props

12. Member
    On the North end yes. Just remember the kissimmee grass is usually growing on rock.

13. Moderator
    We were more than 300 yards off the reed line near clewiston and still had barely 2' of water. My friend hammered down anyways and tore up his prop! It's not a soft bottom in many places.

14. Banned
    People dont realize the size of the reefs that are out there. And with the low water, it can go from being 10ft to 2in in the drop of a hat.