Hds 12 touch gen 2 touchscreen issues

So I recently purchased a bought that has the gen 2 Lowrance hds 12 touch. The unit works I have picture, depth, temp etc..... but the touchscreen function does not work? And from what I can tell from this site and the web in general is that the Lowrance touch units have this issue but I can’t find a fix anywhere. Has anyone ran into this problem and was able to fix this issue?

2. Member
    Watch the video by Jacob Scott on Lowrance you tube channel that shows you how to recalibrate the unit. In the manual too.

3. Member
    I have seen them, and I tried to calibrate but I can’t calibrate bc the touch screen function doesn’t work so I had to reset just to back out of that screen

4. Member
    First of all, are you sure it is a Touch Screen? As I recall, the Gen 2 came out first as a non-touch screeen.

Assuming it is actually a touch screen, are you saying when you get to the calibration screen where you touch each of the plus marks, it won't work? Try a hard reset after backing up all your waypoints.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Banned
    If your using it in the house or garage, hook up a transducer cable to it and lay it on the ground.

6. Member
    Yes it is a touch, or at least that’s what it says on the serial, I even called Lowrance and talked to someone abt the issue and of course the only info I got from them was when the unit was sold to dealer (2014) then they said it’s out of the 5 year service warranty. So I asked what my options was and the reply i got was “maybe it’s time to upgrade” smh of course they want me to buy a new one. But you are correct when I’m on the screen to calibrate I go to touch the crosshairs and I get nothing. Haven’t tried hard reset yet I’m going to try that today

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    If your using it in the house or garage, hook up a transducer cable to it and lay it on the ground.
    I have tried both on land and in water

8. Banned
    Did you purchase this from a individual or from a store that’s reselling them? If from a store, you need to get with them on a fix (replacement). After you try the hard reset.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Did you purchase this from a individual or from a store that’s reselling them? If from a store, you need to get with them on a fix (replacement). After you try the hard reset.
    no it was individual

More and more it is sounding as if the screen is bad, but it does not make sense to me that all touch functions would quit simultaneously.
    It’s a long shot, but there is an outside chance that one of the screen connectors has failed.
    This pic is of an HDS9 Gen2 but the 12 has the same motherboard. If you are in a mood to take the unit apart, you could check these connectors.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    More and more it is sounding as if the screen is bad, but it does not make sense to me that all touch functions would quit simultaneously.
    It’s a long shot, but there is an outside chance that one of the screen connectors has failed.
    This pic is of an HDS9 Gen2 but the 12 has the same motherboard. If you are in a mood to take the unit apart, you could check these connectors.

im willing to do anything other than buy a new one haha

12. Member
    Ok I got it fixed! So I’m case anyone runs into this problem, what fixed mine was software update, then re calibrate the system ����

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfym View Post
    Ok I got it fixed! So I’m case anyone runs into this problem, what fixed mine was software update, then re calibrate the system ����
    awesome...thanks for update on update

14. Member
    Glad you figured it out and it is still working.
    ciao,
    Marc