Looking to upgrade

Paid the boat off a few months ago, now looking to upgrade my electronics. Currently have Gen 2 HDS units / LSS-2, Point 1, etc. Looking at HB because I want to get an Ultrex too. Am I wrong or does HB only offer units that do GPS / SI or DI not both? Looking at Solix 10 and 12" units. I don't really care about the 360 imaging, I just want Chart/GPS, 2d Sonar, DI and SI at the dash, and GPS, DI, and 2d up front. What units should I be looking at?

SOLIX units with a transducer are the SI models. The included transducer does 2D sonar, Down Imaging, Side Imaging, and Temp.

You can get the SI model or the DI model without a transducer (CHO) Control Head Only. Those are for use with Minnkota trolling motors with built-in Side Imaging or built-in Down Imaging. If you want a DI transducer with the DI CHO unit, that is extra.

Depending on what boat you have, you may want to install a shoot-thru 2D sonar transducer and connect it and the Imaging transducer to the display with a Y cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Ah ok, and all of them will have GPS. Do I need a seperate antennae like my Point 1? I've got an aluminum boat so shoot through probably isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Ah ok, and all of them will have GPS. Do I need a seperate antennae like my Point 1? I've got an aluminum boat so shoot through probably isn't for me.
    They have internal GPS antennas, but don't have Heading Sensors---same as a Lowrance. You would add an external GPS antenna with a Heading Sensor for the same reason as you would with a Lowrance. Just the Humminbird antennas are connected directly to and are powered by the display--they are not network accessories.

If you get a Ultrex with iPilot LINK, you can subscribe to the iPilot for both GPS and Heading. LINK is an Ethernet connection.
    Still best to have a GPS antenna at the transom for the console unit so GPS and Sonar is at the same place.
    Makes waypoints more accurate and contour mapping more accurate.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Ok thanks for the clarification Wayne.