motor height with transom saver

How far is the skeg from the pavement when trailing. My new transom saver is lower than the one my boat come with. Thanks

I have a Mercury 225 motor and i use my motormate either in the last hole or next to last hole away from the boat... to get the most clearence for the skeg

Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    I have a Mercury 225 motor and i use my motormate either in the last hole or next to last hole away from the boat... to get the most clearence for the skeg
    How many inches?

4. Member
    I am sure it varies. But mine is 11 1/2" measuring where it sits in the yard. Not on asphalt.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    How many inches?
    Go on their site and look at the pictures that they are showing, which seems to be last hole mounting bracket ( or last 2 holes if you are counting away from the transom.)
    There is no set number, just be aware of the areas you are trailering, especially parking lot with inclines and deep gutters at the entrance.

It is at ten and a half. I think it will be ok. Thoughts.

How far is the skeg from the pavement when trailing. My new transom saver is lower than the one my boat come with. Thanks
    What motor?

Merc 115 four stroke Pro XS CT.

Merc 115 four stroke Pro XS CT.
    Reason I ask was because if you had an Evinrude I had a suggestion...maybe some of the Mercury guys have an idea.