Yamaha SHO fuel water separator filter

Does anyone have the directions or a copy of the steps from a Yamaha service manual to replacing the fuel water separator filter?

I replaced mine and didnt re-fill the separator with fuel. I did however remove the fuel hose on the priming ball and got fuel up to and out of the discharge side. Then reconnected the hose and pumped the ball until it was hard.

My concern is not knowing if the fuel system is self priming past the priming ball or creating a vapor lock on the engine side of the fuel line.

Does anyone know?
    2021 Phoenix 21Phx DC 250 Pro Xs 12" Atlas (4) Garmin 1006sv 112 Ultrex, C-channle, SeaDeck
    2018 Phoenix 721 ProXp 250 250 Yamaha SHO
    2015 Phoenix 920 ProXP 250 Merc
    2011 Phoenix 721 ProXP 250 Merc

2. Member
    The system is self priming. The motor will have more than enough gasoline within the vapor separator tank (on the side of the motor) to run long enough for the electric lift pump to pull fuel all the way from the boat tank.

3. Member
    If you primed the system until primer bulb was firm then the entire low pressure side of system up to vst is primed. It will prime itself as well. Outboard may be tough to start if self priming but it will draw the fuel.
    08 Ranger Reata 210
    Yamaha VMAX 225 HPDI