Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    How about Conquest 842 or 843? Are they worth it over a NRX?
    Last edited by Cestratton; 06-04-2020 at 09:18 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    The 852 fishes a little stronger than the 872. If youll be throwing heavier baits than you feel like 872 will handle really wel or if you want a little more backbone to drive a single hook home on a certain technique the 852 would be a better option. Imo there isnt a better spinning rod made than the 872
    I have a NRX and GLX 853c (Aldebaran 50MGL on the NRX and Curado 70 on the GLX) that I feel can handle baits that could be a little bigger for a spinning set up. Maybe another 872? Or a Conquest? I hear good things about the Megabass Destoyer but I also hear they tend to break but am open to those as well. Every rod I own is a Falcon Cara and I have a Squirrel Tail but since their change in manufacturing I'm steering towards other brands.

3. Member
    Hypothetical here, since I have a pretty versatile selection of spinning rods should I sell my Vanquish that's on my 872 and put the Stella on that rod? I fish Table Rock and Bull Shoals so I find a spinning rod in my hand often but am beginning to wonder if I need another combo. Obviously with a new reel it needs a rod and I do drop shot but don't want to spend the $$ on a one trick pony 822 DSR when I feel that I have other rods that may not be as good but will suffice and get that job done. Again the 852s is popular and was mentioned to be a bit stouter but I believe my 853c rods can cover that. Someone help me spend or save money here

4. Member
    So another 872 NRX, an 852 NRX, or an 842 Conquest?

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I hear good things about the Megabass Destoyer but I also hear they tend to break but am open to those as well.
    Meh. They don't break any more or less than any other rod. The Megabass Addermine is a wonderful general purpose spinning rod. All those big smallies you see Zaldain catch swimming a little jig and swimbait are on an Addermine.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    I have an 852s and don’t love it to be honest. It is so light and sensitive but not that fun to fish. It is slightly tip heavy, doesn’t cast well at all, and I tend to lose more fish due to the tip being too stiff. I’d really like to switch to the 872s or just go exprides.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassguy7 View Post
    I have an 852s and don’t love it to be honest. It is so light and sensitive but not that fun to fish. It is slightly tip heavy, doesn’t cast well at all, and I tend to lose more fish due to the tip being too stiff. I’d really like to switch to the 872s or just go exprides.
    Think I'm going to get another 872s. Thanks as I have been going back and forth 852 vs 872 but I like my 872 and believe I'll just get a second one.

8. Member
    I've had some bad luck with the Destroyers. I've broken 2, buddy has broken 3 and my other buddy broke 1. All Addermines and my most recent was a Flyssa that I made one cast and the rod broke below the second guide from the tip. Since it was a replacement I'm shit out of luck and have to $160 for the replacement. Not going to happen as I have zero confidence in the Destroyer line. Seems to be a lack of quality control lately. I'll stick with Loomis.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbassman View Post
    I've had some bad luck with the Destroyers. I've broken 2, buddy has broken 3 and my other buddy broke 1. All Addermines and my most recent was a Flyssa that I made one cast and the rod broke below the second guide from the tip. Since it was a replacement I'm shit out of luck and have to $160 for the replacement. Not going to happen as I have zero confidence in the Destroyer line. Seems to be a lack of quality control lately. I'll stick with Loomis.
    I've read too many stories like this for me to be comfortable buying a MB.

10. Member
    They could have made it right , but they are so hellbent on their warranty policy. I absolutely will never buy another one. They lost 3 customers for life after this deal.

11. Member
    Are you brand loyal? If not, there is one rod you can be happy with.
    Steez AGS 7'6" M/ML. It's a bomb. I did try Conquest and Megabass Destroyer. Nothing compares to Steez.
    Adam

12. Member
    Buy either of them NRX or Steez, just stay away from the Destroyer. Just do not want anyone to go through what I've had to go through with their subpar warranty.

13. Member
    Another vote for the 852. Love mine.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbassman View Post
    They could have made it right , but they are so hellbent on their warranty policy. I absolutely will never buy another one. They lost 3 customers for life after this deal.
    Sounds like st Croix.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I had 4 of the NRX 852S's, very versatile rod.

Have 4 of the 842S Conquests now, also a very versatile rod.

Good luck

which one do you like better? I have a Stella that is lonely. I’m debating to get either another 852 or 872 I feel that they are more sensitive than the conquest but yet I’m debating to get a conquest 842

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimano_0 View Post
    which one do you like better? I have a Stella that is lonely. I’m debating to get either another 852 or 872 I feel that they are more sensitive than the conquest but yet I’m debating to get a conquest 842
    Get the 872!

17. Member
    852 s is the most versatile rod in the lineup in my opinion, however my favorite is the 872s by far
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

18. Member
    how about the 802s? it sounds like a shorter 852s, maybe with slightly less backbone.

19. Member
    Nrx 872 is on my list of rods to try!

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimano_0 View Post
    I like the Conquests better than the NRX's.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....973&highlight=

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12