TJNYSNP

Champion 203 2000 Dashboard Improvement - For Graph Units...

Hello Champion Folks,

I always give opinion but seldom contribute. Here is something for anyone looking for a cheap but sound approach to use your legacy champion dashboard better.

On my champion, i had the old flasher in the center. That got pulled out and cleaned up the area.
    1. Bought a piece of 1/2" hobby hardwood and created a 5" x 6" square and fastened that with 4 ss nuts/bolts as you will see.
    2. Bought (after looking at all the stuff out there ) the Cosco "short tilt" Sure-Lok mount. This thing is a beast..... its solid aluminium what an incredibly tight lever fastener that adjust to any height angle you want and allows you to take the entire unit off the base plate with two big screws.. for like $90 bucks: https://www.fishusa.com/Cisco-Sure-L...BoCJ5wQAvD_BwE
    3. Fastened this thing to the square wood plate .. basically two large under screws/bolts that you do for the base plate to the boat console.
    4. Attached with 2 screws my HDS9 bracket to the Sure-lock.

It was very easy. And you can see i have my other unit off to the right on a (pre-existing) mount ball lock thing.

If anyone is looking for a mount for any part of their boat, these Cisco Sure-Lok things are amazing. Compressed and if there are 3 versions... The 'short' one only lets you adjust the angle thing forward, backwards but that basically adjusts your dashboard looking forward or backward. The other tilt one they have is a little taller because it as a rotating cup that you can also lock down if you want to angle the unit left or right. The handle adjustment is nice too because you can make the adjustments without ratching with the need to get tools to adjust.

So i spent about $100 bucks and this will get me through rough water and easily comes off.

Hope this helps someone.

The pics are here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...dz?usp=sharing

Thanks
    Last edited by mohawkman; 04-01-2020 at 01:41 PM.

2. Member
    I got really wild with mine. First trip it held good. Even through the 90 miles of towing on Oklahoma highways. Yours is much more professional but I had the extra parts laying around so it works for me for a bit.IMG_0884.jpgIMG_0883.jpg

3. Member
    That looks good! Def keep this in mind when I upgrade graphs.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1