Gussie's Lund 2075 ProV Bass

Many of us are confined to our homes during this troubling Covid-19 time, but still thinking about fishing and boats.
    I find myself watching videos quit a bit (15 degrees and fresh snow here, today) during this "seclusion".
    I enjoyed this new one put out by "Wired to Fish". - I hope some of you folks enjoy it too.

https://www.wired2fish.com/boats-tru...Gvp-FudE6TI4uM

2. Member
    Loved it. Lund top shelf stuff.

3. Member
    T-Mac. Was you around in the Larry Lavold, Goerge Sirscle years of Genmar? I am sure Whitey is still around yes?

4. Member
    You bet... I was on the original Dealer Council too...so, got to know all those guys well. Whitey just retired at the past Dealer meeting. What an awesome rep. he was. We still talk on the phone. So...were you a Lund dealer back then?
    Take care... Terry

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    You bet... I was on the original Dealer Council too...so, got to know all those guys well. Whitey just retired at the past Dealer meeting. What an awesome rep. he was. We still talk on the phone. So...were you a Lund dealer back then?
    Take care... Terry

Does anyone know what pitch prop he runs. Mine has a 19p I think it should be at least a 21p

6. Member
    Yes i joined the Lund group a year or so after Brunswick purchased them from Genmar. Whitey was my Rep. I was as far south as a Lund Dealer was, Dallas Tx. My first year with them with help from Lund i displayed 24 plus Lunds at the Dallas winter boat show. AL Lindner was the guest speaker at the Dallas Boat Show on my behalf. Every northern angler living in Texas was at the Lindner seminar or in my booth getting autographs. Those were some great years with Larry, George, Al, and Whitey. Lund by then was working hard through me to build the southern market for the Lunds.

I will say this i thought alot of Whitey. But he got me in more trouble with George than you could even imagine. But Whitey got what Whitey wanted regardless of the torture he dished out to ole George and me.

You may remember the original Crappie Edition Explorer boats. Those went mainly to my dealership. I could order as much as my floor plan would allow in 17 and 18 Crappie Explorers along with 1900 ProVee SE with 200s. This would be close to maybe 30 Deep Vee Lunds on the ground in Dallas each year, and they would be gone by the end of may. Trucks delivering Lunds were weekly from March through May. These were presold not stock boats

When George and Larry left Lund things just changed. And not for the good. With Irwin selling to Brunswick i guess it was time for bean counters instead of fisherman having the most input into things. Hope George is doing well and Whitey also. Maybe the two will start a new line of boats. Nope those two left in a room together by themselves back then was torture i know i was most times the fly on the wall.

Next time you talk to Whitey. Tell him Joe said you still owe him a trailer for a 1625 Rebel i do believe.
    Last edited by texoma; 04-03-2020 at 12:33 PM.

man I still say if they'd let me put a panther bracket and kicker on those boats it would be perfect. Maybe they would I've never been given a solid answer. Cresliner said go for it

8. Member
    Easy to ask him if you are on Facebook .https://www.facebook.com/gussyoutdoors/. He'll probably get back to you. He's a really nice young man.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    man I still say if they'd let me put a panther bracket and kicker on those boats it would be perfect. Maybe they would I've never been given a solid answer. Cresliner said go for it
    I don't know who you asked, but the answer is affirmative on both. -- Lots of Prov Bass XS with kickers... it is a factory option on the XS version. Also, a lot of, (if not a majoriy of) pro V Bass rigs end up with jack plates.

I don't know who you asked, but the answer is affirmative on both. -- Lots of Prov Bass XS with kickers... it is a factory option on the XS version. Also, a lot of, (if not a majoriy of) pro V Bass rigs end up with jack plates.
    Man I've searched all over and couldn't even find a picture of an xs with a kicker lol. They don't even have it as an option on their web builder. I'm excited now. The lund dealer is way closer than Crestliner

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Man I've searched all over and couldn't even find a picture of an xs with a kicker lol. They don't even have it as an option on their web builder. I'm excited now. The lund dealer is way closer than Crestliner
    Hey..."basscatcher89" ... I must apologize.. It isn't a factory option, There is a heading listed on the Excel sheet that alludes to kickers... but no kickers are listed . To make sure, I called a buddy in the Lund office and he concurred.. The factory doesn't offer it.. but a kicker can be accommodated with a jack or tilting plate (Panther, for example.) I'd be surprised if some of the Muskie guys haven't done this

Hey..."basscatcher89" ... I must apologize.. It isn't a factory option, There is a heading listed on the Excel sheet that alludes to kickers... but no kickers are listed . To make sure, I called a buddy in the Lund office and he concurred.. The factory doesn't offer it.. but a kicker can be accommodated with a jack or tilting plate (Panther, for example.) I'd be surprised if some of the Muskie guys haven't done this
    That was my plan the whole time but I was worried about warranty issues. But I would probably get over them just to be able to have the setup I want.

I appreciate you doing that leg work T-MAC!
    Last edited by basscatcher89; 04-06-2020 at 02:19 PM.

13. Member
    Have fun !