I recently purchased a boat that has 2 Ti2 units installed. I've never owned units that have charts, let alone mapping abilities - so I am trying to figure out what base maps I should be ordering. I fish alot in PA, NY, and Canada. Originally I was hoping to order the Navionics US + Canada card, as it appears to cover most of the Lakes I fish. However, I am very interested in doing some of my own mapping as well, and wanted to go with the C-Maps Genesis to do that mapping.

Is it possible to store C-Map Genesis data on my Navionics card? I'm OK if I can't view them both off of the same card, but the Ti2 units only have one card slot. It would be nice to be able to view Navionics maps while I collect C-Map data. Then when I have gathered enough C-Map data I could put that information on it's own card to use.

Does that make sense, or sound logical? Or am I approaching this thing backwards? The C-Map cards don't look to be very detailed for the Canada lakes that I fish regularly, which is why I was leaning towards the Navionics in the first place.