Need to replace oil lines 2 stroke carb engine

Engine is a 1984 150 ETLN with the YZR Package (milled heads 220 carbs and reeds )complete short block in 1987. Oil pump check valves are leaking so I want to replace oil lines and add external check valves, need to know what year Yamaha engines had the clear oil lines my local parts people don't have a clue Little Help Please.

2. Member
    Have you examined the parts catalogs to see if and when a part number change was made to the oil lines?

Are you aware that Yamaha offered a kit to replace the pump with internal check valves to a pump that does not have internal check valves?

3. Member
    I know that Yamaha has a kit ,but I have the check valves Just need to know how to order the clear oil lines.I looked at part numbers but they show no pictures ,I tried to order some one time they came Black just like the ones on my engine now,was hoping someone with a 2 stroke engine had clear oil lines would speak up LOL

4. Member
    What difference does the colour of the oil lines make?

Some have been known to buy oil resistant Tygon tubing to make their own oil lines. It is somewhat clear or translucent.

Here is what the parts book shows for the last 150 sold here in the US. If they are not clear then I would suspect that Yamaha does not offer clear oil hoses. But I am thinking they are clear.
    zoil.jpg

5. Member
    Hey Yam911 thank you for all your help,I took your advise and check the engine part numbers and found that 90445-07m96-00 looks to be clear tubing also 90446-07m48-00 looks to be clear too,I looked into the tygon tubing but I think Yamaha is metric size so I will spend the extra $$$$$ to make sure of a good fit. Thanks again

6. Member
    I should have checked myself. Yep, they are clear.zclear.jpg

If this helps, my 08 V150TLR has clear hoses from the oil pump to the carbs.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    10 4 cwilt That was one of the engines I looked at and found they had clear lines ,Thank you

9. Member
    Yam911 ,I wanted clear oil line so I would know when I was priming the lines oil was getting to the carbs Again thanks for all you guys help, got everything apart and bout got 2/3 done .what a PITA

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-85 View Post
    Yam911 ,I wanted clear oil line so I would know when I was priming the lines oil was getting to the carbs Again thanks for all you guys help, got everything apart and bout got 2/3 done .what a PITA
    No kidding. When i replaced my reeds with CCM's, installing them oil lines was a pita. If they were only 1 inch longer would have been alot easier.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

11. Member
    cwilt,I know your pain ,the oil line I ordered are much longer so I can cut to fit

12. Member
    OK . all back together ,would not start,Looked like it flooded when I squeezed the bulb with the container with 50/1 oil and gas so pushed back into garage to think about it. Went back to my old race car days and picked up a can of Seafoam and starting fluid . Couple of blast of starting fluid Fired right off let it run about 20 minutes with oil pump disconnected ,all oil lines had oil to carbs,shut off let sit for 2 hours started right up. think maybe its ok ,Will know late next week when I take it fishing LOL
    AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT
    Last edited by Ranger-85; 05-01-2020 at 01:43 PM.