Thread: Fortrex 80

Fortrex 80

My 5 year old fortrex is giving me problems when I am trying to pull it back up. It is locked in the down position and doesn't want to release. It deploys fine, Is there something I need to lube?

2. Member
    Is the lock bar completely releasing? The pivot bushings could be bad and causing the problem. Or the safety latch is stuck and not allowing the latch bar to release completely. A lot to check to find the problem. Call me to walk you through the issue. Too much to type and only speculating. I will PM my number.

3. Member
    When I pull the rope, it doesn't move, if that makes sense. If I get right over top of it (stand on the arm) it releases.

4. Member
    I'm following as I am dealing with the same issue. Getting ready to order replacement parts to see if that will make it work.

5. Banned
    The pivot bushings needs replacing. My fortrex looked brand new but these bushing wore out and the arm was very sloppy. I ordered the parts from my local service centre and did the swap out. Just tell the service guy you want to do a full bushing replacement and he/she will order all the parts needed. Cost me about $50 and 1 hour of my time. But that included me giving everything a good cleaning while I had everything exposed.

6. Member
    I can highly recommend Matt, the owner of HiTech Outdoors in Benton KY, for Minn Kota assistance. They are an authorized service center about two hours from you but with travel restrictions who knows. Give him a call, the are still open with some restrictions. They also have serious marine electronics expertise.

https://hitecoutdoors.com/

7. Member
    I'm guessing the pivots are bad, but you should also make sure the rope/cable is routed correctly. It should go around the bottom pin so when cable is pulled, it is pulling out on the latch.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    I'm guessing the pivots are bad, but you should also make sure the rope/cable is routed correctly. It should go around the bottom pin so when cable is pulled, it is pulling out on the latch.
    John
    I will look at that the next time I am out. thanks