2015 skeeter zx225

I’m running a 15 zx225. Motor has a T1 25 pitch prop. It’s turning 5900-6000 depending on the load. 67 solo and 62 with 2 big guys. Water pressure is 18-20 lbs depending on where the motor is trimmed to. Not sure on exact prop to pad but I will find that out I know there are 6.5 dots showing on the jack plate. I just got this boat and the leak down numbers and compression look great. One thing I noticed is the boat is hard to turn when running wot like there is to much boat in the water. Hole shot is very fast. Any help is appreciated, I feel like this boat should run 70 or close to it loaded

2. Pat Goff
    Skeeters need all the bow lift you can get it to run properly. Your numbers say you're getting a lot of prop slip, which is a clue you're motor is a bit too high.

With your regular fishing load, try lowering 1/4" at a time until you lose speed, then back to last click. I don't know if you'll see 70, but you should see improvement.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Thanks something else I noticed that may also point to the motor being to high is it throws a pretty high rooster tail

4. Member
    Hard to turn the steering wheel at speed can also be caused by the motor being too high.

5. Member
    Exact same boat, motor, prop and year. 7 dots on the jack plate and flash the ecu to 6500 rpm and 300. Boat will run 81 gps. Good luck