Blew up my ETEC... Sell my 181?

Heck no! I dropped it off to get repowered with a new 150 PRO XS.

Question is about props. I was running a used 23 tempest plus on my 2009 ETEC 150 with 1.86 gear ratio. Turning about 5400 RPM at 59 mph. I am calculating that I need about a 25p prop with 2.08 gear ratio on the Pro XS. Does this seem accurate?

As a side note. In Virginia, our governor has locked the state down. You are allowed to leave the house to "get food" (among other things). So, if I go fishing, I am OK. Now, if I get skunked, I could pay a $2,500 fine. High stakes!

2. Pat Goff
    Do you feel lucky? Well do you?
    I'd have a box of fish sticks in the cooler.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Banned
    I’d run the 23 til break in is over and then decide on the right prop. Title/thread made me chuckle.

Yep welcome to VA... the new "lockdown laws" ain't stopping me OR alot of people from getting out on the water... especially all thise damn jetski riden idiots!!!
    I'll take my chances and if i don't run out of gas 1rst the boys in green will have to run me down cause my 202 will be in tha wind

5. Member
    Where you getting repowered at?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

6. TJNYSNP
    look for a leftover new gen1 etec 150.. they are out there... then you won't have to upgrade to all the new controls and wiring for mounting

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Where you getting repowered at?
    Ed’s marine superstore in Ashland

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    look for a leftover new gen1 etec 150.. they are out there... then you won't have to upgrade to all the new controls and wiring for mounting
    I considered it. I could get a new 150 but not an HO that I could find. And the merc has an 8 year warranty and was not much more money at all than the quotes I got on a G1 Etec non-HO.

9. Member
    Cool. Let us know how it goes with Ed's if you don't mind.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Cool. Let us know how it goes with Ed's if you don't mind.
    Will do. I got a good impression from going up there and talking through the installation and different controls options. The sales guy (David) definitely knew what he was talking about. They estimated 3 weeks to install due to current backlog, but they had the motor already in stock. I will update once it gets rigged and I get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewstn View Post
    Heck no! I dropped it off to get repowered with a new 150 PRO XS.

Question is about props. I was running a used 23 tempest plus on my 2009 ETEC 150 with 1.86 gear ratio. Turning about 5400 RPM at 59 mph. I am calculating that I need about a 25p prop with 2.08 gear ratio on the Pro XS. Does this seem accurate?

As a side note. In Virginia, our governor has locked the state down. You are allowed to leave the house to "get food" (among other things). So, if I go fishing, I am OK. Now, if I get skunked, I could pay a $2,500 fine. High stakes!
    Fishing and other outdoor activities are allowed in Virginia.

https://www.facebook.com/VDGIF/

As long as you practice social distancing, you are okay. No organized events, either.
    Last edited by bassinman215; 04-03-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Wishing I was Fishing