Thread: New boat setup?

New boat setup?

Good day fishing friends,
    I have an EMC 93sv that I've had for a couple years. Looking at getting 1 or 2 more EMP 93SV. I want to network them together and add a steady cast since I mainly fish offshore for bass. Will the old unit talk to the plus units. I've heard it does then it doesn't. If they will just need to figure out what all I need to link them plus add the steady cast. And I'm hoping one steady cast will work on all 3 units via a nmea 2000 kit. I think I'll need one nmea starter kit 2 extra drop down cables. One extra 6' backbone cable and 2 extra tees I'm sure I'm missing something. And help would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by Bassin79; 03-31-2020 at 10:35 PM.

2. Member
    Looks like you have it nailed. Typo on 6 inch backbone cable.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Ya it was suppose to be 6'. Can the old units and the new units talk to each other

4. Member
    For the SteadyCast on NMEA, yes. For sonar on ethernet--NO.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    So they can't share waypoint?

6. Member
    No they can't. To keep them in sync it would probably be best to always mark waypoints on the same unit, copy them to an SD card, then read into the other unit periodically.