Z9 vs Z21 Quality difference

I know some of you have owned both of these boats. What is your honest opinion on the quality between the two? I am talking hardware, build, seats, wiring, everything. I never owned a Z9 but they look to be made out of better materials than a Z21. I see corners cut each year an all the Z boats. Was the Z9 overall a better boat? Honest opinions from owners please.

2. Member
    The seats on a Z21 are a big improvement over the Z9. I know because my butt has been in both, I can't comment on much else though.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

3. Banned
    Carpet and hardware better on the 21, seats better, consoles better, really everything has improved every year.

on my Z9 I would get a few stress cracks, I don't seem to get those in any of my Z21s. New seats are far better then a Z9. Carpet is the same in my opinion, pretty sure its the same weight carpet. Alot of little things they have done between the z9 and z21 that make it a much nicer boat.

I will add the extra length makes it ride better then a Z9.

The way the rear storage opens, Seats-100% better(comfort, quality, adjustable), console all fiberglass, Consoles have a bottom now as of 2020s, better switches, net holder. I'm sure there are more.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I had the 911 CDC before they switched to the Z series. Besides, what's already been mentioned. I think the new Z21 gets up on plane much better.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

No doubt , the Z9s had a mid gas tank tho, that was changed on 07. The later model Z9s were pretty good on holeshot, but yes the z21s are better. But the Z21s are more sensitive to trim also.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    I have been deep in both Z8 and Z20. There are definite improvement's on the Z20 most do not see.

8. Member
    I just traded my 2013 Z9 for a 2020 Z21 and without a Doubt the Z21 is a better built boat all around and handles better,,,,NOW having said that I have owned a Nitro Savage 896 and a Nitro 911 CDC..Z9 and now the Z21.....great upgrades but with ALL the boats and the Z21 included...Dumb Quality Shit is still in play with these boats... Glued Trim pieces that fall off over time and even the 2020 Z21 had to re-glue a Trim piece around the cup holder...Little Shit like that has always been a Issue with Nitro Over The Years,,But they continue to make improvements with each new series they come out with !!...Seats on the Z21 are like no other Nitro,,,very nice especially in rough water...not much to the wiring now ,,out of the way,,most everything is digital
    Last edited by rhinopro; 04-03-2020 at 08:06 AM.

i had a z 8 for a few years nd before that i had a 20 ft stratos i just received my brand new 2020 Z 21 with the new V 8 four stroke 250 pro X S all i can say is its fast enough at 72 two guys full load and the ride is fantastic hole shot is great the lay out is awesome the deck is huge i cant find one thing wrong with this boat and the motor is a beast quiet very quiet if someone is looking at all other boats for the money this boat to me is the best value and your not suffering on any lack of bling this boat truly is that good i believe and after owning other boats and riding in all kind of boats after 35 years this is the ONE FINALLY

10. Member
    Had a 13 Z9. It got wrecked on the road and insurance ended me up in a Z21.

The Z21 has a slightly softer ride imo. Better seats, better carpet. Foot well that fits any trolling motor pedal. I overall like the shape and design of the exterior better.

Now with that said had my Z9 not been wrecked, would it be worth the upgrade or skipping a killer deal on a Z9? No.