Gen 2 touch scrolling issue

While practicing social distancing, I was running in a light chop, the screen on the HDS 12 gen 2 touch turned bright shades of orange and green, and started scrolling/flashing. I checked all connections and everything seems in order, next I lightly tapped the top of the unit and everything went back to normal. I couldn’t leave well enough alone so I tapped it again and the scrolling and stuff came back. I tapped it a third time and it went away and I left it alone.

so

Is this unit fixing to die? Or is it something fixable?

what do you think?

Thanks for your time

gunner out

If it’s out of warranty and you’re not afraid to take the back off, you will see several ribbon cables connected to the motherboard. These connectors could be sensitive to vibration and may be your problem. If you decide to take the back off send me a PM and I will create a PDF To document the process.
    OR you could leave well enough alone until it breaks for good.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    If it’s out of warranty and you’re not afraid to take the back off, you will see several ribbon cables connected to the motherboard. These connectors could be sensitive to vibration and may be your problem. If you decide to take the back off send me a PM and I will create a PDF To document the process.
    OR you could leave well enough alone until it breaks for good.
    This solution has fixed many electronics for me. From tablets to old gaming systems.

4. Member
    Bill

Can you PM that PDF. I think I am going to take apart my 12 Gen 2 this weekend and see if my button problem is fixable. I tried the moister tip you gave me with no luck.