I have not seen this in ultrex

I have not seen this issue with an Ultrex yet, wondering if there is anything I can do at home before an asc, or if this is a "common issue"

The speed knob seems to be malfunctioning, I can have it set to 2.5 but seems like it's on 6, even got the remote out and set it on say 4, then it would go to 3.5, then 3.0, then 2.5, 2.0....

many insight?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Is it possible the cruise control got activated?

I also know that you will see issues with the speed when you use the remote and speed dial at the same time

I use the remote exclusively and several times I’ve had the motor jump speeds on me and realized that I had accidentally turned the speed dial on an even thou I would increase speed on the remote a few seconds later the speed would change back to what the dial was set to
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    On ultrex and terrova, the foot pedal over rides the remote.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I have not seen this issue with an Ultrex yet, wondering if there is anything I can do at home before an asc, or if this is a "common issue"

The speed knob seems to be malfunctioning, I can have it set to 2.5 but seems like it's on 6, even got the remote out and set it on say 4, then it would go to 3.5, then 3.0, then 2.5, 2.0....

many insight?
    Use one or the other not both. Speed is only relative. Not exact. It is the nature of the electronics.

No cruise control was not active unless pushing the speed knob in does something.
    And I wasn't using to foot pedal when I had the remote out. I was just reporting that when I set the remote to power four and I stood there holding it the speed setting was decreasing on a regular interval even though the prop was not spinning.

6. Member
    If you're saying you're loosing speed without rotating the dial, you should check the batteries first. If you don't have a way of checking, then have the checked at a place that knows batteries.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Thanks John. I am saying if that the speed dial was not being touched but the speed setting was decreasing slowly/ steadily. Is it possible the board is part of the issue? Another issue that is related is I will have it set on say 2.5 remote off, I will use spot lock and it may turn it's self off like the speed dial is moving. Also if spot lock had no issue but I steer to deactivate it then step on the pedal to move (set on 2.5) feels like it's on power 7-8.

8. Member
    What John said is true. Better check your batteries not a troll motor problem. Batteries will make troll motors as the Ultrex respond in weird ways. MY statement was made by not completely reading the issue at had.

9. Member
    Still sounds like battery issue. If remote is on 4, the foorpedal on 7, the foorpedal over rides the remote. After using it and before charging, check each battery with a voltmeter. I think you will find one to be lower than the other.

Thanks. I know batteries better than the average person and I will check volts per battery and in series.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Thanks. I know batteries better than the average person and I will check volts per battery and in series.
    I think John is referring to the battery power (volts X amps) during a power draw. Similar to testing the starting strength of a battery. It may read 13.6 volts but the slightest draw might send it down big time.