USA Bassin Green River Lake update

Guys we hate to but for the safety of all, we will be cancelling our tourney April 11 on Green River Lake. We will be rescheduling our first two tourneys that have been cancelled. Please let me know if you have any questions. Click the link to check our updates.
    http://www.usabassin.com/modules.php...&divisionID=29

Out of pure curiosity do you know who made the decision to cancel the April 11 Green River Lake tournament? As a pure guess I will say local divisional director and if I am correct then my hats off to him or should I say you/Tim (bassmaster658).

The reason I ask is because if you look on the USA Bassin homepage there is a link titled "Divisional Tournament Guideline" and that link gives information on how USA Bassin as an organization is going to have sign up/pre-meeting/weigh-in all while promoting social distancing. If the organization is going on with tournaments like they clearly describe in their own news link then I think the upper level people in that organization needs to re-evaluate their stance on continuing with tournaments until this passes over. There is nothing on the homepage that indicates all divisions are on hold for the regular season. This is what leads me to think the 4/11 GRL event was a local decision and not upper level decision. They will still be plenty of time to fish weeks or even months from now. All this does is delay the time in which Stephen will collect another title

3. Member
    We did make the decision and USA Bassin headquarters have always given the discretion of cancellations to the directors themselves. Ultimately it’s the decision of the directors. We had to cancel the first two in 2015 due to high water conditions. And yeah we all have to contend with Steven and Chris every year. Look forward to trying to dethrone him as does all our members. They have won it the last 3 years. I just wished I was half as good as him! LOL!! We will reschedule as soon as restrictions start to lift. Thanks!
    Last edited by bassmaster658; 03-31-2020 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Update

As a director you have a very unappreciated role in fishing tournaments. You get to hear all the complaints and then you have to make all the tough calls. This shall pass and things will eventually get back to normal...good call