Youghiogheny Dam & Somerset County now Stay at Home

Can not figure out why Somerset has been added to the Stay at Home list. More confusing if you read the order. It does say you can travel to hike etc. I just wonder what they would say to pulling your boat to fish at the Yough. Just confusing for those that may want to fish. I still can not figure out why we went up with just two confirmed cases. It's like someone knows something more than what's public.

One reason I decided in another post not to fish. If I was in a traffice accident I would just add the the heavy load of our first responders and hospital staff. Not saying other choice are right or wrong at all.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 03-31-2020 at 04:24 PM.

2. Member
    It says outdoor activity, hiking, and running, so i am going to say fishing is an outdoor activity. In the middle of a lake in a boat i would say that is social distancing.

3. Member
    That is what makes the order confusing. It states in the order no unnecessary travel. But then states you can travel to places to hike etc as long as you don't do it with groups of people. Then on the other hand my daughter is given a contact letter with employment info and HR contact info to show police when she is stopped. Washington County is the same as Somerset County now. She was told very firmly not to travel without this info. The police officer is instructed to call the numbers to confirm employment..

4. Member
    Doesn't make sense to me either. I was up there last Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday wasn't too bad traffic wise. Thursday was definitely busier, Jockey Hollow pretty much full when I left around 2. I'm going up this weekend, rain or shine. I'm solo 95% of the time anyway so I will deal with that bridge if I have to cross it.

5. Member
    Glad to hear the Fish Commission launch is open. If the bridge launch is still closed it might explain the extra traffic.

6. Member
    I'm sure that contributed, didn't seem especially crowded on the lake. Almost all fisherman. Did decent fishing, caught a few each day but all really nice ones.

7. Member
    Fishing IS permitted in the state of Pa during the shelter in place law

8. Member
    I'm dealing with this in Virginia. Ridiculous. 100's of cars parked on the side of the road, with several hundred people roaming the parks, but you can't launch a boat. Stay safe.

9. Member
    It's actualy Stay At Home Order in Pa.

I was going to go today but the wind was just blowing to hard for me.

I hope to go tomorrow, a little warmer and calmer.